free website stats program Tacometer installation | Harley Davidson Forums

Tacometer installation

mark1

I was wondering if anyone has installed the mini tach kit on their 1200 custom? I have a 2006 1200C & just got the mini-tach kit. The instructions are not real clear on how to route the wires down to the frame from the tach itself. I wondered how people had done this, it has such a clean look up there, I didn't want to mess it up with exposed wires. Thanks!

I'll assume that you found something of interest there?

Sparky82, no, not that I'm aware of. The risers themselves are not hollow except where they bolt to the top tree, and then only the length of the bold. I'd be real careful of drilling in the riser body. However, those wires are hidden behind a cover, are they not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been three years since I put a tach on my 06 sporty which I sold last year. I was thinking you could run the wires between the risers and the handle bars , I know I did not drill any holes. I'll have to look at some pictures that I took of it.

I've installed the Speedway Micro Tach (Highly recommended) on my 07 1200C and to hide the wires, you unscrew the back plate of the riser which gives you access to the wiring, see pic.

Attachments

• from_clipboard.jpg
    from_clipboard.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 25
Back