free website stats program Tachometer has spiders in it! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tachometer has spiders in it!

Actually it is for security purposes...think of all the speedos that would be modified if they were able to be taken apart for eh...SERVICE! HD will send you a new one properly calibrated (and you could "Warm it in the Sun" or low oven, then seal it up real good before replacing it) to put on your bike. Yeah, an expensive solution, but how do you measure piece of mind, ease of use when a cloudy Speedo is staring up at you?

Well you could be like Smitty, our tried and true hard case for winter riding...:lolrolling

snowride_4_Medium_.jpg

Be like Smitty. If you can't get them out, freeze them out.:D

I shoulda mentioned... they're already dead, but I just can't get them out from under the cover. They won't even move - they're kinda stuck in the crack or something. It just looks bad and I wanna keep my bike in good shape. Oh well, I guess I'll deal with it. :33:

Maybe you should leave them as an indicator to the next archnids or insects that come along, what will happen to them. Obviously it is not truly sealed or they couldn't have gotten in. Just a thought.

Just trying to give you a method to 'deal with it' :D

Does Smitty have chains on those tires?!?!?! lol

CatWoman ::rider

Allguitar,

I just had an epiphany (if you can call it that). You can try to use either waxed dental floss or one strand of a braided wire to get into the area. Mind you, either devise could get stuck (making the tach impassable to other beings) or you might make the hole bigger (causing bigger beings to get in).

Hope this helps -- Good Luck

CatWoman ::rider

Last edited by a moderator:
Another possibility is if the remains are near the pointer hole, a small burst of air from those little cans used for cleaning computer keyboards (if your gage is off the bike and facing downwards, might be able to be "jarred lose" just do not use too much that you unseat the pointer. They also had a thing called tuner wash, that was the illegal trichlorolethylene, which evaporates and leaves no residue from the old rotary tuner days (wonder who remembers those, maybe RichardS)...banned due to the destructive nature to our OZONE layer.

They also had a thing called tuner wash, that was the illegal trichlorolethylene, which evaporates and leaves no residue from the old rotary tuner days (wonder who remembers those, maybe RichardS)...banned due to the destructive nature to our OZONE layer.

Ahheeemmm, Trichlorolethylene is not only distructive to Our environment, Careful, it is also Carcinogenic!! :no At least wear gloves!!

CatWoman

Ahheeemmm, Trichlorolethylene is not only distructive to Our environment, Careful, it is also Carcinogenic!! :no At least wear gloves!!

CatWoman

Did not know about the carcinogenic angle, but in the TV business back when I was repairing them in my high school days, it was used rather freely...dry cleaners used it as the "secret ingredient" that degreases and cleans without water and was filtered and reused over and over...Coline worked in the dry cleaning business about the same time.

Yeah we're old like dirt...! Hitting the speed limit this year was how should I say, "Like getting a speeding ticket...without the points, but none the less painful anyway...:(

Back