free website stats program Tachometer has spiders in it! | Harley Davidson Forums

Tachometer has spiders in it!

allguitar

Hi All,
Thanks for reading this thread. I'm trying to figure out if it's ok to try to pry the glass cover off of my tach. There are some dead spiders in there!
showimage.aspx

showimage.aspx

The ring is swedged on to the housing. If you remove it, you will have a time to reinstall it but it can be done. It will always show that it has been removed too.

The ring is swedged on to the housing. If you remove it, you will have a time to reinstall it but it can be done. It will always show that it has been removed too.

What exactly does "swedged" mean? Thanks in advance, Glider.

Swedged is more or less crimped under even pressure where the under portion is smaller than the top ring and that's what keeps it on.

Wow, I heard that moisture could get in them pretty easily, but Spiders?!! Puts new meaning to the quote from Jurassic Park..."--nature will find a way..." I hate it when I go out to the garage and see a "pesky" spider web on the handlebars or mirrors...guess I better ride more often so they don't just "settle in". :D

NEWHD74FAN;192277...guess I better ride more often so they don't just "settle in". :D[/QUOTE said:
that's exactly what i was going to say, but, what do i do when there is snow in the ground!?!?

Hi All,
Thanks for reading this thread. I'm trying to figure out if it's ok to try to pry the glass cover off of my tach. There are some dead spiders in there!
showimage.aspx

showimage.aspx

I watched a spyder show up one morning in my speedo it grew up got bigger spun a web and lived in speedo all summer. dont no where it went but web is still in there. that was 3 years ago in my 93 flh..

This is either a sign of the holiday (Halloween), or indicator saying it's time to get a new bike.:s

Well, it seems like without the proper swedging tool, I probably should just live with the dead spiders in there. Otherwise it's about $70 for a new tach. Too bad it's so hard to take off that cover.

Thanks for all your posts.

Back