free website stats program Tach problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Tach problems

Pops LOC

Installed a Harley brand tach for my 06 wideglide. Wired it per instructions for my bike. Tried to set shift light per instructions and now the needle is stuck and I can't figure out how to reset it. Instructions say to hold programing pin in untill needle sweeps the face and starts to rise to desired shift point . I tried that but the needle stopped at about 4K rpm and I can't get it to move.
Any ideas on how to reset this tach??:(:(

Ii would definitely call the co on that one. May be a simple solution or a defective unit...Good luck.

Installed a Harley brand tach for my 06 wideglide. Wired it per instructions for my bike. Tried to set shift light per instructions and now the needle is stuck and I can't figure out how to reset it. Instructions say to hold programing pin in untill needle sweeps the face and starts to rise to desired shift point . I tried that but the needle stopped at about 4K rpm and I can't get it to move.
Any ideas on how to reset this tach??:(:(

There's a slight difference in your description above and what I read in the instructions. "Press the button UNTIL the needle reaches the current shift point. Then use single clicks to advance the needle to the desired shift point".

Does that help?

No that doesn't help. I can get the tach to sweep the dial then it starts to return to "0" but now it stops at about 2500rpm mark. It just won't return to 0 even after the ignition is turned off just stays at 2500??????? strange

Back