Tach Install

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Nightowl, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Nightowl

Nightowl Account Removed

I am wanting to install a tach. Am I correct in thinking my 2005 Hertiage Softail is a single fire coil and I will need to purchase the adapter kit. I am looking at a low cost mini tach as I am mostly interested in knowing what my idle rpm's are and and curious as to what rpm's I turn through the gears..

Thanks

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

http://www.cranecams.com/uploads/instructions/90001005b.pdf this may help

3. Nightowl

Nightowl Account Removed

Thanks Jack. I have already been there and have this. I just want to confirm the 05 FLSTC is a single fire coil and this adapter is needed.

4. Jack Klarich

Pretty sure 2000 was first year of single fire on softails

5. Nightowl

Nightowl Account Removed

Thanks again Jack. This confirms what I thought. Has anyone installed an electrical mini tach on a single fire coil and did you just need to get the adapter kit or is there any more I need to know? I did read all I could find in the self help section and the instructions on the adapter kit. Looks pretty straight forward to me at this point.

6. Jack Klarich

I will tell you this on the Evos when we changed them over to single fire we had to use an inter phase Let us know how it works for you:s

7. Nightowl

Nightowl Account Removed

Not going to be able to do much until January because of time but I will let you know how it works.