free website stats program Tach Install | Harley Davidson Forums

Tach Install

Nightowl

Account Removed
I am wanting to install a tach. Am I correct in thinking my 2005 Hertiage Softail is a single fire coil and I will need to purchase the adapter kit. I am looking at a low cost mini tach as I am mostly interested in knowing what my idle rpm's are and and curious as to what rpm's I turn through the gears..

Thanks

Thanks Jack. I have already been there and have this. I just want to confirm the 05 FLSTC is a single fire coil and this adapter is needed.

Thanks Jack. I have already been there and have this. I just want to confirm the 05 FLSTC is a single fire coil and this adapter is needed.

Pretty sure 2000 was first year of single fire on softails

Thanks again Jack. This confirms what I thought. Has anyone installed an electrical mini tach on a single fire coil and did you just need to get the adapter kit or is there any more I need to know? I did read all I could find in the self help section and the instructions on the adapter kit. Looks pretty straight forward to me at this point.

Thanks again Jack. This confirms what I thought. Has anyone installed an electrical mini tach on a single fire coil and did you just need to get the adapter kit or is there any more I need to know? I did read all I could find in the self help section and the instructions on the adapter kit. Looks pretty straight forward to me at this point.

I will tell you this on the Evos when we changed them over to single fire we had to use an inter phase Let us know how it works for you:s

Back