free website stats program Tach help please | Harley Davidson Forums

Tach help please

I'm new the the bike world. I have had my bike about a month now its a 91 fxstc. The tach has been fine till a few weeks after I got it the nut on the choke backed off so it idled and ran higher rpms till I fixed it no problems. Now a month later when I start the bike it idles at 2000 and runs in all 5 gears between 3000 and 5000 depending on how much throttle I give it. In 5 gear used to run about 3. Bike sounds fine and don't sound like its running high but like I said I'm new. Hoping its just the tach off. How can I check it.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the forum, If doesn't sound like it's running to high i'd say it's your tac. Any shop will have the equipment to check your RPM'S or any good parts store sell the meters pretty cheap.

I'm new the the bike world. I have had my bike about a month now its a 91 fxstc. The tach has been fine till a few weeks after I got it the nut on the choke backed off so it idled and ran higher rpms till I fixed it no problems. Now a month later when I start the bike it idles at 2000 and runs in all 5 gears between 3000 and 5000 depending on how much throttle I give it. In 5 gear used to run about 3. Bike sounds fine and don't sound like its running high but like I said I'm new. Hoping its just the tach off. How can I check it.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Fuel and Carb Related Issues | Archive | HDTimeline.Com Have a look in here, it sounds like your enricher is bad

Back