free website stats program Tach for my Rocker..........? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tach for my Rocker..........?

Colt.45

Morning gents
I have an "08" Rocker and would really like to have a tach. Is there much to hooking one up? Any suggestions on which tach to purchase [money is a bit tight..] I am not racing ,just want to know my RPMs. 1st bike I have ever had without one?
Thanks........Colt.45

Morning gents
I have an "08" Rocker and would really like to have a tach. Is there much to hooking one up? Any suggestions on which tach to purchase [money is a bit tight..] I am not racing ,just want to know my RPMs. 1st bike I have ever had without one?
Thanks........Colt.45

With everything being electronic on the 2008 and up you may not find anything other than a HD factory option. I would not want to be splicing into any of the harness for aftermarket addition. I bet if you run to hard the rev limiter will definitely let you know where you stand.:s

dbmg
Speaking of the "Rev Limiter"...........never had one before........exactly what happens? Does the motor shut off, just fail to rev further or what?
Thanks........Colt.45

ECM kills the spark when the preset limit is reached. As soon as the RPMs fall back below the limit, the spark is restored. You won't have any trouble recognizing it if you rev the motor that far.

Cant speak on current tach's but if they are as accurate as the earlier ones, I would save my money for gas. JMHO. The older ones bounced all over the place and were useless..
Like stated above, when you hit the rev limiter you'll know it....

Back