free website stats program T.F.I decision | Harley Davidson Forums

T.F.I decision

ronhend

I am on the fence as far as buying a TFI. Really looking hard at the Dobeck GEN3.
I have a 2010 Ultra Classic that is completely stock and runs great.
Down the road I plan to do a stage 1 upgrade.

The questions I have is a TFI worth the cost for a stock bike?

Will my bike run that much cooler and better?

Thanks,

Ron

I am on the fence as far as buying a TFI. Really looking hard at the Dobeck GEN3.
I have a 2010 Ultra Classic that is completely stock and runs great.
Down the road I plan to do a stage 1 upgrade.

The questions I have is a TFI worth the cost for a stock bike?

Will my bike run that much cooler and better?

Thanks,

Ron

The TFI is ABSOLUTELY worth the price of the unit even on a stock bike. I have installed and run them myself and they do the job at a lower cost than the other units and no dyno time needed.It will run a bit cooler and also noticeably better too.

Check the self help area for a discount link.

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

+1 w/glider - Dobeck Performance products are awesome improvements to your scoot...stock or heavily upgraded. You'll be pleased...!

Thanks Glider and Iceman, I just ordered a GEN 3!

Looking forward to better performance and cooler temp.

Ron

I agree Ron, you have made a great choice. Very easy to install and program and like Glider stated Dobeck is right here on the forum and is always eager to help.

Ron, You'll love it. I don't have the Gen-3, but I do have a previous version and like the others have said you won't regret the purchase. It's more of an Investment !! The folks at Dobeck are great from the get-Go

Good stuff on here, I have a stock 2011 flhx and want to do the stage one upgrade but dont want to spend the 2500 or so dollars for all thats included.. The TFI looks fairly easy to install. If I put that in, could I do a heavy breather and some slip ons? Thank you for your help in advance, Shane

Good stuff on here, I have a stock 2011 flhx and want to do the stage one upgrade but dont want to spend the 2500 or so dollars for all thats included.. The TFI looks fairly easy to install. If I put that in, could I do a heavy breather and some slip ons? Thank you for your help in advance, Shane

Like glider stated, adding a TFI to a stock bike will give you a noticeable improvement due to stock factory settings for emmissions. Adding improved intake and exhaust while only enhance what the easily installed TFI will do for you. There is good info in the self help for installing and fine tuning.
Have fun, its definitely worth the cost.

thank you.... I definitely plan on getting something going real soon, and I am sure I will be referencing the self help forum..... I had forgotten why we never dealt with the " dealership" back in the day... I appreciate their desire to make money, but good lord, hahaha... Do It Yourself is somewhat of a montra for the workin man.. thanks again and I will keep you fellas posted.

Back