free website stats program T-Bars/Speedo Clearance??? Will these fit? | Harley Davidson Forums

T-Bars/Speedo Clearance??? Will these fit?

I'm looking to add some style to my handlebar area on my 04 1200 Classic. I was thinking these hadlebars:

eBay Motors: Buffalo T bars 1 1/4" w/ 6" rise for HARLEY (item 190254859606 end time Nov-24-08 12:45:58 PST)

But, I'd like to keep the stock speedo and idiot lights. So, I found this bracket:

eBay Motors: Harley Speedometer Relocation Kit for Drag Bars & Riser (item 330284210312 end time Nov-12-08 19:00:21 PST)

So, could I use that bracket, only flip it, where the speedo/lights are in behind the bars, like the factory mount on the 1200 Classic? But, I'm concerned there won't be enough clearance. I'm afraid the bottom of the speedo/lights will rub the top of the tank? What do you guys think? Will they rub?

P.S.- I have plans for some arlen ness teardrop mirrors and chrome switch housings!

I'm with Hobbit on this one. I am thinking it will rub, but if you mount it the way it is pictured you will have no problem.

Back