free website stats program system check virus | Harley Davidson Forums

system check virus

speedyron

apparently i got this virus while searching for parts for my 53 chevy belair. my other pc is still not connecting to the internet after a different virus so i had to use my wifes pc to search for a cure. this virus will start by giving you warnings and critical errors like windows cant find disk space on your hard drive then it will hide all your files - programs and desktop icons even your browser and things in start menu. i found the cure here in a very helpful guide covering xp 7 and vista fixes. How to remove System Check virus | My Anti Spyware

good luck

Having a quality security system on your pc may help avoid the worst that some of these nasties can do they are often bundled with a rootkit which is a wee nasty that hides in the boot sector of the hard drive and re infects on every boot

Brian

Much as you probably "hate" upgrades...the XP based WinTel machines are aging and nowadays if your hardware can support it, upgrading to Windows 7 is probably in the cards. Have to say, for all the patches and fixes keeping XP running and going obsolete soon, now would be a good time. Surprizingly enough Windows Defender and the newest Microsoft software has "improved"...worthy enough to supplant XP!!!

Trust me don't even go cheap with old versions of VISTA, Explorer, with the subsequent plug'ins and updates due to numerous foibles, making life miserable. I'm sure you know or at least have seen what happens with limited memory mapping and terrible resource allocation problems...can you say "Blue Screen of Death" or all black screen with old DOS prompts.:24:

oh i will be with xp for some time or untill microsoft comes up with something better. i dont beleive vista or 7 is it. xp runs faster then either of them with some tweaking and i have alot of programs designed for xp. there will always be some deviants out there building virus programs no matter which operating system you run. this was just a post to help fellow hd talking members toget rid of this nasty one.:56::56:

Having a quality security system on your pc may help avoid the worst that some of these nasties can do they are often bundled with a rootkit which is a wee nasty that hides in the boot sector of the hard drive and re infects on every boot

Brian

the the free download of TDDS Killer they link you to in the guide takes care of that

Whenever i have to clear a system of viruses/malware i usually write a new master boot record to take care of the rootkit problems although if you have a running system you can run norton power eraser
Norton Rescue Tools

however if system will not run you will need to boot from a boot cd/dvd and get to a dos prompt and fun for xp fixmbr for vista/win7 bootrec /fixmbr and if running a 9x operating system fdisk /mbr

Brian

Back