synthetic oil $$$

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by cavs1429, Oct 24, 2010.

1. cavs1429

cavs1429 Member

I always used amsoil synthetic in all my bikes i paid around $12.00 a qrt. with great results. But today i went with spectro synthetic w20 50 platium and the spectro six speed trans oil. w20 50 was $1700 a qrt and the trans oil was $22.00 qrt (EDIT) i thought amsoil was expensive!!!!!

Please read this...
    [note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010
  2. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

As long as someone is willing to pay that price, they will continue to charge it.

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Wow, was your Spectro made of gold??? ;)

Yes, oil is $pendy, but well worth it's weight in gold for the life of your engine. I try to catch sales over the year, when possible, and stock up.

4. 67wizard

67wizard Junior Member

WOW at that price I will stay with Mobil 1.

5. bcortani

bcortani Active Member

It is a sad state in our country when we have to pay that kind of money for what was a decade or so ago pennies on the dollar. I just paid $8.99 a qt for the Mobile1 20w50. Waiting for my Spectro 6 speed ($20.95 @ qt) and Heavy Duty primary ($9.95 @ qt) from Spectroshop.com. Nobody in my 75 mile radius carries what I need. Spectroshop.com seemed fair I guess.

6. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

He may be including his S&H in the unit price above. Sometimes if you get over a certain spend, S&H is gratis. So ask your buddies if you can get their oil for them and pool together for a larger quantity.

Next time try Bob's Cycle Supply. His price is around $12 for the engine oil and $16.50 for the tranny 6-spd (both Platinum - full syn.).

Oils - MX Gear, Motocross Gear, Spectro, Oils at Bob's Cycle

TQ

7. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

I agree with TQ. I buy my oil from Bob's and get free shipping. usually buy enough for 6 to 12 months at a shot.

[​IMG]

8. Elmosac

Elmosac Active Member

Smitty,

Who are you accusing of being dishonest and why?

9. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

I know it can be a pain, but you just gotta shop around.
    It's even harder to find any deals on oil up here in Canada.:(

10. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I'm not Smitty but my guess would be Amsoil, for their "over the Top" claims.

I actually use Amsoil 2 cycle oil in my mini racing boats with Great results. But I would not base their entire product line on just one item.