free website stats program synthetic oil | Harley Davidson Forums

synthetic oil

mmowrey

I have an 09 heritage with 1800 miles and my dealer said they will not put synthetic in it until it has at least 4000 miles. I have looked all over this forum and internet and cannot find a reason why. When I asked the dealer they said they are factory trained and will not put synthetic in even if I asked them to. Is there any reason not to use synthetic on the first service?

Your dealer may have good intentions but he's a quack. Ask him why the more expensive CVO bikes come with synthetic oil from the factory even if it is the SYN 3 that they try to push on everyone. He can't take both sides of the argument here.

Motors will break in just fine on SYN oil, done many myself and changed to SYN (Mobil1) as soon as I got them home.
The main reason for not doing it is because most like to do an oil change early on (like 100 miles) in the life of the engine and the cost factor of the SYN verses dino oil.

The dealer I use put Syn3 in my 05 Heriatge at the 1k service. At 5k I changed my own using Mobil 1 V twin in the engine and primary and Mobil 1 syn gear lube in the transmission.

I have an 09 heritage with 1800 miles and my dealer said they will not put synthetic in it until it has at least 4000 miles. I have looked all over this forum and internet and cannot find a reason why. When I asked the dealer they said they are factory trained and will not put synthetic in even if I asked them to. Is there any reason not to use synthetic on the first service?

gotta ask this ? ---- was it the dealer , sales rep or the service dept. that said this?????

My dealer put Syn3 in the engine at the 1000-mile mark. He actually encouraged it, saying the engine would run better with synthetic.

Back