free website stats program synthetic oil test | Harley Davidson Forums

synthetic oil test

HOLY DIVER

i remember seeing someone post results from an independent test on synthetic motorcycle oils.i looked through self help didn't see it.anybody got the link?

i remember seeing someone post results from an independent test on synthetic motorcycle oils.i looked through self help didn't see it.anybody got the link?

Might have been me. Had Blackstone do an oil evaluation at 39k miles. About ready to do so again with Blackstone although I understand Amsoil also has this service available.

Posting was: Fluid change update at 39k miles

just wondering how lucas full synthetic stacks up against mobil1 and ams oil?also curious how redline oil does

Wonder no more about Redline, Bubbie is the man to see about this oil as he has logged more than enough miles with this oil to give you a very good account on it:p

I am using Redline products just like what BUBBIE has... I switched from Syn3 to Redline. Boy!!! I love Redline!

There was a superb thread called:"4 bikes-4 oils,the test begins" by member Not Very PC on 21/07/07.

Terry, who was an Engineer or Aerospace Engineer(i can't exactly recall) and a brave and dedicated person,did an experiment with 4 identical bikes and all starting from zero miles.

One bike ran SYN 3 in all holes, another ran HD non Synthetic in all holes; number 3 ran Mobil 1 in all areas and the last bike had Lucas Synthetic in the motor and primary with a Synthetic gearbox oil in ,well,the gearbox.

IF you want a non-biased test chock full of EMPIRICAL data,then look this up and read it.

There was a superb thread called:"4 bikes-4 oils,the test begins" by member Not Very PC on 21/07/07.

Terry, who was an Engineer or Aerospace Engineer(i can't exactly recall) and a brave and dedicated person,did an experiment with 4 identical bikes and all starting from zero miles.

One bike ran SYN 3 in all holes, another ran HD non Synthetic in all holes; number 3 ran Mobil 1 in all areas and the last bike had Lucas Synthetic in the motor and primary with a Synthetic gearbox oil in ,well,the gearbox.

IF you want a non-biased test chock full of EMPIRICAL data,then look this up and read it.

Here is the link to Terry's thread. May he rest in peace

4 bikes - 4 oils, the test begins - Harley Davidson Forums - HDTimeline.com

Back