free website stats program Synthetic Oil Mistake | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oil Mistake

Synthetic handles high heat much better than the stuff out of the ground. I have tried all different kinds. I like the Mobil 20-50 synthetic the best, price and quality wise. I run it in the primary and motor and use the heavier stuff for the trans. Honestly I think the frequency makes more difference than brand or synthetic vs fossel. Synthetic will not hurt your bike by any means, just use the correct weight.

Hey all. Hope everyone had a good short winter. I'm looking forward to spring as I'm sure many of you are as well. ;)

Heres my problem...all syn...

No "Syn" to want to do the right thing for your HD...:bigsmiley11:
No damage will ensue...Syn3 will not cause your bike to self destruct...it is just that many HD owners do not like CITGO or Hugo Chavez in Venezuela who is very ANTI-USA and yet has a lucretive contract with MOCO, go figure. Also it is expensive for an oil that is not 100% Synthetic...there are better choices. Just run with what is in your bike and when you do the next oil/lube change, find a viable substitute that is more pro USA. JMO. :newsmile036:

I put SYN 3 in my Springer once and and it sounded louder and when I drained the oil there where way to much metal shavings on the magnet. I've been using Redline now in all three holes with no problems.

To me SYN 3 is no better than water, use it to lube your house door hinges with. :D

like all things Harley, if you don't buy hd then it is no good, yet you will buy a new car, at same or higher cost and go to your local quick change, even if all the manufactures have there own oils. (low bid = high profit)

Back