free website stats program synthetic oil in evo | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

synthetic oil in evo

Clean oil is what makes seals and gaskets work, keep in mind ALL the ugly rumors of synthetics, we thought the world would end if we switched back and forth:p
Your ride you decide, Nuff said:p

Newbie to the forum, but I have been riding for 53 years. When synthetic oils first came on the market, engines had far greater tolerances than they do today. This caused older engines with some wear to leak synthetics. Today however, the tolerances are so much finer and leaking is seldom a problem. Just try the ball bearing test if your still not a believer in synthetics.

My 07 has run all of its life on synthetics, including break in and never a leak. Not including when I scissored the crank and that cant be blamed on oil. My 93 EVO has always run on dino oil and I will keep on running it that way. A lot cheaper as well! :s

My original questions about mileage and frequency of oil change was not to tell the OP about which is better dino or syn oil. The mileage would tell us what type of wear the engine has. How often he changes oil would also give an idea of wear. If like me he changes oil frequently, in my opinion he is better off staying with the less expensive dino. oil. There is no doubt that syn. oil is very good for the life of the motor but does it matter if you are doing a rebuild at 60,000 or 70,000 miles or on some of the newer twin cams 110,000 or 120,000 miles.

Back