free website stats program Synthetic Oil Change POLL | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oil Change POLL

When Did You Change To Snythetic Oil?

• Right away when I got home

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At 100 miles

Votes: 27 2.8%
  • At 1000 miles

Votes: 358 37.3%
  • At 2000 miles

Votes: 49 5.1%
  • At 3000 miles

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At first oil change

Votes: 180 18.8%
  • I waited longer

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • I wouldn't use synthetic oil

Votes: 42 4.4%

• Total voters
i get free oil changes till 25,000. had um put the syn 3 in from day i bought it, runnin it since, hate it. 4,000 more miles and i can go back to redline

Both the Ultra and the Dyna got synthetic at first service. Found a lot of good info here and started doing my own service. Used AmsOil at first becuase it was all I could buy locally. Have since ordered Spectro oils from Bob's Cycle Supply and it goes into both of them.

I changed at 900 miles to Mobile V twin 20-50 in the engine and then at 1600 for the tranny (Mobile gear lube) and HD Primary for the primary. The reason I didn't change them all at the same time was because I was bumming around in Florida for a month (January) and didn't have the facilities to do more than the engine oil and filter. I love being retired!!!!:bigsmiley24: Sorry, don't mean to rub it in. :no

Bike came with Syn3, dumped once I got home and placed in lawnmower. Replaced with Amsoil. Not sure if worth it, engine blew up at 6k and on second motor. Not sure how long this motor will last either, but no problems due to oil, just bad motors. Hope all well now. :D
Ugly John

1000 Miles for me, Mobile 1, vtwine would of done it sooner but i drop my old bike off and pickup the new bike,, it was around a 1000 mile when i made it home

Went to HD Synthetic at 1000 miles. All 3 holes. new bike, 2010 SG. Last bike was a 97 Fatboy,always ran reg 20-50 HD oil. This time it will be syn all the time.

Last edited:
Back