free website stats program Synthetic Oil Change POLL | Page 16 | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic Oil Change POLL

When Did You Change To Snythetic Oil?

• Right away when I got home

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At 100 miles

Votes: 27 2.8%
  • At 1000 miles

Votes: 358 37.3%
  • At 2000 miles

Votes: 49 5.1%
  • At 3000 miles

Votes: 75 7.8%
  • At first oil change

Votes: 180 18.8%
  • I waited longer

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • I wouldn't use synthetic oil

Votes: 42 4.4%

• Total voters
2013 FLHTC-at 1000 miles added syn 3, 20/50 for the oil, redline 75/90 gear lube in the transmission and HD Formula 1 in the primary.

On my 05 Wide Glide, I changed to synthetic at the 7,500 mile service. On my Ultra, it was at the 1K service, and probably had synthetic in it from the factory.

I purchased a 2011 Heritage with 32,000 miles on her. At 35,000 miles I changed out the Dino with Spectro platinum in the engine, GL5 6speed in tranny, chain lube in primary, and what a difference. No oil leaks after 2,000 miles, however, did notice an occasional drip from the K&N filter when I run her hard.

I just picked my 13 Ultra Limited after 10,000 mile service. I had them check what I thought was excessive upper engine noise. I had switched to Amsoil at 5000 miles and the engine was noticeably louder. I had them put HD syn3 and things are much quieter. I also switched to Red Line Shock Proof in trans and primary. New tire installed and road ready.

Let's get an idea of those that are using synthetic oil in the engine just when you changed over to synthetic oil. It's not really that important what brand you used but how many miles you had when you put in the synthetic oil.

This should be interesting.

The poll area is for posting your choice of oils only.
Please post any questions about oil in the oil section of the forum and not here.

Thanks

Well being an old Honda wrench it went againt my grain to run the factory oil past 500mi. Put synth in all 3 holes and my slim started to come alive. Quieter engine, smother clutch, better shifting trans.

Bought used with 21,000 on it. Went full synthetic Castrol 20-50 both engine and trans/drive chain. Only about 850 miles since oil change and am happy with it.

Back