free website stats program Synthetic in 1994 FLSTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Synthetic in 1994 FLSTC

jimwis

Just changed to synthetic on my 94 Heritage. Put on about 170 mi today no signs of any leaks and bike seems to really like it. Amsoil in engine, Spectro GL1 in tranny and stayed wit HD formula + in primary.

Could be my imagination but seems like bike liked to go from 4th to 5th around 58-60 mph but with new fluids dosent seem to need the shift till 65 mph. Very smooth now as well.

Glad I did it.

Could be my imagination but seems like bike liked to go from 4th to 5th around 58-60 mph but with new fluids dosent seem to need the shift till 65 mph. Very smooth now as well.
Glad I did it.

Of all the claims I've heard for synthetic oil, I've never heard of it changing the shift point. Holding 4th until 65 is definitely NOT lugging the engine. :D

ya it's probablyme because it seems smoother .....ya and i don't like to lug the engine!LOL

Just changed to synthetic on my 94 Heritage. Put on about 170 mi today no signs of any leaks and bike seems to really like it. Amsoil in engine, Spectro GL1 in tranny and stayed wit HD formula + in primary.

Glad I did it.

How many miles did ya have on the odo. ?????

Very few only 16k......been chasing son around the country with his baseball. Finally have some time for me. Bike was well cared for even when I couldn't ride.
Did my base and rocker gaskets at 10k. About 500mi.on synthetic now and no signs of leaks. Would think it would show up early if it was going to be a problem.

Back