free website stats program Syn Oil$$$$$$ | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Syn Oil$$$$$$

I have found that since I switched to Mobil my engine runs a little cooler and quieter and when I change oil its quite clean

Are you sure thats M1 Vtwin for 7 dollars and not the m1 for cars?
If you can get M! Vtwin 20/50 for 7 dollars ,I say buy a couple cases and change your oil.
I pay 14.50 for the platium gear lube and 9 dollars and change for the oil.

Yes thats the price on it at autozone if you can believe it. M1 V-Twin. I am paying $8.50 for the amsoil and the HD syn 3 is $9.50 (i dont use it)

Just checked the autozone web site and it shows to $9.50 but called the local store to double check and its on sale for $6.99, guess i will stop there tomarrow.

Just checked the autozone web site and it shows to $9.50 but called the local store to double check and its on sale for $6.99, guess i will stop there tomarrow.

Double - Double check the oil label before you take it home.

I'm gonna stop at my local Autozone and see if they have it on sale tomorrow for the same price. Might be time to stock up!!

I use amsoil 20-50 in the engine. I use Spectro six speed in the tranny & primary. No issues so far. Won't use Syn3 anywhere. It is supplied to HD from HUGO CHAVEZ in Venzula. I don't cater to a Dictator.... He also owns CITGO gasoline. Won't buy that either.

Man, I think that is a great question. I go with the syn due to the reasons already mentioned but I do wonder how torn down engines compare if you did oil changes within the recommended periods. I'm would think an unbiased study or studies on this have probably been done. I have seen supposedly unbaised data about the temp improvements on motorcycles using syn vs dino but nothing on tear down comparisons. I used syn3 unitl reading posts at HDTimeline. Smitty, Glider, and others convinced me to use other lubricants in my bike.

Back