free website stats program Syn 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Syn 3

chuck60

I can contest that syn 3 in the transmission is no good. The guy I bought the 2013 road king from put it in the tranny, I did not know it at the time I bought the bike and after riding it and listening to the whiney noise I called him to ask what he had put in the transmission, he said Syn 3, today I drained it and put in gear saver until I get some spectrum. Other then that the bike is great.

I can contest that syn 3 in the transmission is no good. The guy I bought the 2013 road king from put it in the tranny, I did not know it at the time I bought the bike and after riding it and listening to the whiney noise I called him to ask what he had put in the transmission, he said Syn 3, today I drained it and put in gear saver until I get some spectrum. Other then that the bike is great.

:D Good on you, when my engine blew up the dealer flushed my oil tank and drained my tranny, they put syn 3 in, I changed it as soon as I got home:s

Not saying Syn3 is bad, but there are many better choices.....
Three different holes should have 3 different oils. When most of us change our own oil, why cheap out and use Syn3 in all holes. Might the name alone, Syn3 suggest its a sin to use in all 3 holes?????

When I replaced the clutch on last bike, I was advised not to use Syn 3 in primary. Does not have the additives your clutch needs. The Syn 3 is too slippery for clutches. Formula+ for me.

I've ran Syn3 in my 2004 RK for 10 in all 3 holes. Never had a problem.

Must... stay... out of the oil debate.... Ok, all I will say is I agree with spd301. Over the long haul Syn3, or Mobil V Twin, or even dino oil in all 3 holes will not kill the bike. It will prosper in spite of the fluids within as long as its changed regularly. Not saying that you cannot MAXIMIZE performance and longevity by using 3 different optimum fluids in each hole; perhaps you can, but to what degree could be minimal or non-existant. It is my opinion (not even worth 2 cents..) that much of people's perceived improvements in sound and performance is just in their minds (not in every instance, but I would guess a majority). I blew it. Swore I'd never voice my opinion on this... Oh, well...:)

I will assure that anyone currently running Syn 3 in the transmission that changes to Redline Shockproof will never go back to Syn 3. Has nothing to do with whether or not the transmission will survive Syn 3 but had everything to do with how the gear box works.:D

I will assure that anyone currently running Syn 3 in the transmission that changes to Redline Shockproof will never go back to Syn 3. Has nothing to do with whether or not the transmission will survive Syn 3 but had everything to do with how the gear box works.:D
I agree 100% with you dolt on that one

Back