free website stats program Syn 3 Motorcycle Lubricant | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Syn 3 Motorcycle Lubricant

Just turned 20005 miles on my 2007. Changed all 3 holes this week. I have run Syn3 in all three holes since new. However I'm thinking about changing to Mobile 1 20/50 next change. My vehicles are all with Mobile 1. Check your owners manual as some older bikes take a different grade in the primary or transmission.

HOPE YOUR TERM Mobile 1 is not PUT in all three holes.... it's a good synthetic oil but ENGINE OIL

suggested for engine okay BUT for the other holes
chain/clutch use a (made for) primary lube oil
tranny use a GEAR OIL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>spectro or redline shockproof hvg...It will shift better/quiet running/LAST LONGER

YOU"LL BE THANK NOW n LATER

READ in oil section
syn 3 is a SIN..

people who have used it in all three holes have had premature WEAR.....
In primary, CLUTCH HANG-UP DRAG ,plates disc not disengaging..

JUST NOT A GOOD LUBE.... at all

THIS TYPE OF POST WOULD BE SIGNED BY MANY(most if not ALL) ON THIS SITE.

ALL INFORMATION ON OIL IS HERE IF YOU READ ...

LOTS OF KNOWLEDGE IN THE DIFFERENT POST FROM THE MEMBERS and MODS. HERE..

read and learn from the BEST

signed....BUBBIE

I wouldnt use syn 3 in my motor if it was free dont trust it it is seme synthetic at best JMO and never in my transmission its oil not gear lube

75/90 GEAR OIL in the gear box, 20/50 (MOTORCYCLE MOTOR OIL) in the oil tank, and I use 10/40motorcycle motor oil in the chain case. All Mobil 1. Been doing that for years and never had a clutch slip. Works for me.

mac

I run Amsoil, 20W50 in the motor, 75W140 in the transmission, and regular primary lube in the primary and never had any problems.

I tell you what, I know there are probably really good synthetic oils out there but I love Amsoil.

Go with AMSOIL!

I would not go with Amsoil. Mobile One is at least as good, and available anywhere at most auto part stores. With Amsoil you either carry all you might need or sit and wait for your order to come in. No thanks. Should be called scamsoil. (just kidding)
:newsmile100:

walleye, I do not know where you live, but within 3 miles of me there are 2 places I can get Amsoil, and just about every aftermarket shop here that I have been in sells Amsoil.

walleye, I do not know where you live, but within 3 miles of me there are 2 places I can get Amsoil, and just about every aftermarket shop here that I have been in sells Amsoil.

Drumguy,
I was mostly talking about when you are on the road. Years ago I did use amsoil, still do in all my two cycle equipment. It is good oil but not near as avaialble while traveling. As far as where we live you likley will know somewhere that carrys it, but when you are on the road, auto zones or NAPA stores are everywhere and we all know how to find them. As far as my sacmsoil remark, I hope all know I was just meesin around. Like I said, it is good oil, much better than syn 3, but I still will stay with Mobile One as I know it is always where I need it. Ride safe.:s

I am just saying that I cannot believe that Amsoil would be that hard to find even on a road trip. I know people that go cross country and run Amsoil and have not heard of that problem, that is all.

Back