free website stats program Switching to synthetic? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Switching to synthetic?

Oops.
2010 FLHX Streetglide.

Also, I saw it here in the Forum but cant find the thread anymore. Transmission oil.. There was yet another American name mentioned for high end transmission oil which helps eliminate many of the klings & klacks. Thanks for this too.

Sorry... me again. As I am in Canada and I have to special order this.

Can you confirm this is what I need:

Red Line Synthetic Oil - Motor Oil - 20W50 Motorcycle Oil

Thanks

Yes Redline products are the Best IMO..

If you need to order it??? Before you do, Call "Redline Oil" and ask for Dave the Tech at Redline in California.. He will answer ALL your questions and Also they can tell you WHERE you can buy the product in Canada... You may have a dealer Close to you..

Give that a try....

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Glider... your are King.

Its "Spectro Oils". I recall seeing their Website.

So if I go Red Line for engine oil & spectro for transmission I should be good eh ?
Tks again

Thank you Tim,

Beyond kind. I find a supplier in Canada for the engine oil & for the tranny there is apparently a Canadian distributor. If they don't reply, I'll order from the States and have them ship to border. I'm 40 min from the border. I can't wait to try these liquids and see if I hear/feel the diff.

Rgds, Shawn
WAP.gif

Thank you Tim,

Beyond kind. I find a supplier in Canada for the engine oil & for the tranny there is apparently a Canadian distributor. If they don't reply, I'll order from the States and have them ship to border. I'm 40 min from the border. I can't wait to try these liquids and see if I hear/feel the diff.

Rgds, Shawn
WAP.gif

Just a note, The trannies we have take a full quart and the primary take about 40 oz (i use the Full 40 oz.), the engine takes less than 3.5 quarts wet fill...... I always take the 4th quart and fill the new HD filter to the threads ONCE,,,, let filter sit... CAP the fourth quart

THEN I pour the OTHER 3 Quarts into the oil tank,,, Keeping the 4th quart for the final few oz of oil after it is warmed and shows a need for a Little more... 2 oz. at the most to make my bike Hot level 1/4 inch lower than the Full Mark... Just right.

Never wonder about the Measure of oil used when Capping the 4th Quart up front.. EASY and Never an Over Fill Oil Problem...

signed....BUBBIE

Back