free website stats program Switching pre set radio stations from handlebars?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Switching pre set radio stations from handlebars??

Hey, these touring bikes with radios were meant for TOURING! You're not supposed to stay in one place long enough to take advantage of presets!

Haha I like your POV. But unfortunately there are days when I don't have time to ride far enough to get out of my preset locations. Depending on which direction I go it could take 2-3 hrs before I lose a bunch of my presets. It would be nice for the 1-1.5 hr commute to work and back. Just sayin'.

Haha I like your POV. But unfortunately there are days when I don't have time to ride far enough to get out of my preset locations. Depending on which direction I go it could take 2-3 hrs before I lose a bunch of my presets. It would be nice for the 1-1.5 hr commute to work and back. Just sayin'.
Yeah, I liked Dr. Dolittles reply too. I know what you mean though. It is so much easier to flip the handlebar switch to the desired preset instead of finding and hitting the presets on the radio itself. I know that when I scan it does go to the station with the strongest signal strength and not necessarily the station that I wanted. That takes some more scanning until it finds it.

Maybe next year they will come out with an optics display for the inside of the visor on your helmet, so all you have to do is look at the station preset in the display and the computer will change the station for you.

The only thing I found was from my 2010 Owner's Manual pg 97.

Preset SCAN tuning. To get radio into P.SC mode one needs to be in FM mode (using right handlebar mode select button) then push the "more" button (seen on screen). This will scan through the presets. To cancel presets, toggle up or down the mode select button.

Seems only FM not AM or WB

Doesn't seem to be total handle bar control.

Pete
2010 FLHTC

Back