Switching pre set radio stations from handlebars??

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by HD Texan, Apr 21, 2011.

1. HD Texan

HD Texan Member

Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?
    I am currently switching stations (programmed preset ones) by reaching up and pushing numbers 1-5 on the dash and it's a real pain sometimes.

Please tell me I have overlooked a method to change from bars :(

=================================================

Nobody??

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2011
  2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I do it the same way you are doing it. Haven't looked in my owner's manual in quite a while but it should be in there if there's a way to do it.

3. so cal hoss

so cal hoss Member

On the lower right hand control there's a spring loaded center switch. Press up or down to change channels.

4. Dr. Dolittle

I thought that just put it in the seek mode to the next station it would pick up. Didn't think that toggled you between your presets.

5. miketini24

miketini24 Member

I have the same ?. Very interested to see if it's possible.
    [​IMG]

6. Wolfenblade

Wolfenblade Member

I have a 2011 Street Glide, i also would like to know if it's possible to toggle between the preset stations.

7. Sledboy434

Sledboy434 Member

Glad to see others have the same question. When I flip the switch mentioned above, it just scans for the next station it finds. I'm guessing there is no way to actually flip a switch and go to the next preset. Now, Harmon Kardon has something to aim for.

8. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I understand the question but if I hit scan on my trucks radio it will stop on signals that are strong enough. Just keep hitting the toggle and it will pick up your presets if the signal has enough strength.

9. Streetglider08

Streetglider08 Member

I just got done looking through my manual (the pages my dog didn't shred). I was actually asking myself the same question before I saw this thread. Well anyway, I havent found anything yet but will let you know if I do. It's crazy that there isn't a way to do it from the bars.

10. Dr. Dolittle

Hey, these touring bikes with radios were meant for TOURING! You're not supposed to stay in one place long enough to take advantage of presets!