free website stats program Switching Handle Bars and Cables on a Deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

Switching Handle Bars and Cables on a Deluxe

muttlange

Well I'm still pondering on doing this Myself. Cost wise a big +. Me Knowing how to do it a big -so, Any input on this issue I would Greatly APPRESH.I've already Saved Myself $400.00 by Purchasing online, from the Info You Guys Offer THANKS!!!!! the Part that Scares me is, The Clutch Cable Replacement,a Break line also and Iddle and Throttle Replacements.:bigsmiley31:

God Bless You All
Daniel

Switching Handle Bars and Cables on a Deluxe

I'm Still in the Pondering Stage Of Possibly Switching Handle Bars. I Like the Ones I have (STANDARD SOFTTAIL DELUXE 2008). I want Chrome and I want to Hide The WIRING so, CAN anyone offer suggestionS Please?

God Bless

Daniel:cry

Re: Switching Handle Bars and Cables on a Deluxe

I'm Still in the Pondering Stage Of Possibly Switching Handle Bars. I Like the Ones I have (STANDARD SOFTTAIL DELUXE 2008). I want Chrome and I want to Hide The WIRING so, CAN anyone offer suggestionS Please?

God Bless

Hey Daniel --- I haven't changed any bars,but I have read on here that if you go with the wiring inside you will use more wiring that way... :hii

God Bless

Daniel,i've just received my 2008 Deluxe and i fitted Harley 'Narrow Beach Bars' with Diamondback clutch,brake and throttle lines.Along with the Fat Bar
Riser kit.These bars are 1 1/4 inches in diameter and are pre drilled to allow
internal wiring.The Fat Bar Riser kit is mandatory when fitting these bars,but
looks superb as the pinchbolts come through from underneath and all you see is two arches of chrome holding your bars on!Truly,when you use this setup
your view from behind the 'bars is magnificient.
My wiring DID NOT REQUIRE ANY ALTERATION WHATSOEVER.

If you want,i can give you the H-D part numbers of all the above accessories.
I have found that the Narrow 'beach Bars improved the riding position and as
mentioned the wiring fitted with no changes because these bars are slightly
lower and narrower than stock.
My brother fitted all of the above to his 2008 Fatboy and whenever i rode his
bike,i vowed to fit the same gear to mine.His required no wiring changes either

Contact me if you want the part numbers.
Regards;Nick:AUSTRALIA

Well After Seeing A photo of a similar bike, I've decided to go with the Mini Apes. My Jaw Dropped When I saw the Photo. Once all is Done I'll Email a Picture Of Mine.

God Bless to all on this Sight

Daniel

Hey Nick

Please post the Harley Davidson PNs for the acessories you've mentioned. I'm considering changing the handlebar position of my Heritage Custom 2008 (FLST) and your experience can help me a lot!!

Thanks

Mauricio

Hey Nick

Please post the Harley Davidson PNs for the acessories you've mentioned. I'm considering changing the handlebar position of my Heritage Custom 2008 (FLST) and your experience can help me a lot!!

Thanks

Mauricio
Hi guys.These following parts & part numbers are FITTED to my 2008 FLSTN and my brother's 2008 FLSTF.I repeat,NO wiring changes on these 2 bikes with these parts.

56857-05 NARROW BEACH BARS. - page 331 of 2008 accessories book

56916-07 Fat Riser Kit for above 'bars - page 332 of 2008 accessories book

38810-07 Diamondback braided clutch - pages 637,638 &639 of 2008 book
cable.
56807-05a Diamondback braided throttle/ - pages 637,638 &639 of 2008 book
idle cable

44964-07 Diamondback braided brake - page 645 of 2008 book
line-upper

42371-07 Diamondback braided brake - pages 644 & 645 of 2008 book
line-lower

I also fitted the following bits and pieces for that 'extra classy' look:

45459-08 Slotted brake & clutch levers - page 634 of 2008 book

70222-96b Chrome switch housing(i left the buttons black) - page 334 of 2008 book

91124-03a Chrome switch housing hardware kit - page 581 of 2008 book

46424-05a Chrome master cylinder cover - page 334 of 2008 book

That's it!I've included page numbers so you can have a look at these bits and
maybe have a better idea of how they look.Personally,i love the look over the bars from the seat.

Hope this helps.Regards and good luck.

I have a similiar question but on a 08 train. I simply want to pull the bars back about 1" via a riser change. How much room do I have to work with before I have to deal with not enough cables?

Attachments

• DSC00192.jpg
    DSC00192.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 16
Back