free website stats program switching gas tank?? | Harley Davidson Forums

switching gas tank??

19fxsts91

i have a 91 fxsts. i want to change to a solid tank, for the gaudge & would also like to add a lift. I've seen tank & fender set for sell on ebay. does anybody know if a newer model (say a 06) would be able to be exchanged for mine if so what modification would i have to do to accomplish this?

i have a 91 fxsts. i want to change to a solid tank, for the gaudge & would also like to add a lift. I've seen tank & fender set for sell on ebay. does anybody know if a newer model (say a 06) would be able to be exchanged for mine if so what modification would i have to do to accomplish this?

Welcome to The Forum. If you can lay your hands on a P arts and Accessories catalog you could look in the paint section under the sheet metal, it should give you the specs on what year tanks will fit

I do not think any one piece tank will fit straight on and you will need to change some of the dash stuff also as the dash stays on the bike when the flatside tanks are removed on a one piece tank the dash is mounted to the tank
However anything is possible with modifications it is just how much time effort and money do you want to spend

Brian

Back