free website stats program Swaping to Heritage handle bars | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Swaping to Heritage handle bars

The Heritage Handlebar part# is indeed 56902-08, and is a direct replacement for the 2009 FLHRC stock bar. You do not need any additional parts or wire harness extensions. Be carefull with the brake and clutch lever switches that operate the break light and input to ECM for cruise control operation, they are easy to break. I would also advise you to remove main fuse before you plug and unplug the twist grip sensor and other plugs in the headlight nacelle.

I like the rise of the Heritage bars and think they would give me a more upright riding position. Has anyone installed them on a RoadGlide?

I swapped the 09 road king classic bars out for the FLHR - Heritage bars Pn 56902-08. Did not need any extra parts, was a very easy swap out. Total time never having done this was 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The ride is so much more comfortable. Thanks for all the help guys, the instructions a few post up were great. It was actually easier than the instructions sounded.

The wiring connector for the Throttle By Wire sensor will need to be disassembled in order to remove and re-feed the wire through the new handlebars. You'll need a Pin Tool to disassemble the connectors. If you destroy the pin or connectors they'll have to be replaced. The wires on the connector for the TBW position sensor consist of 2 sets of Red, White and Black wires. You need to be very careful to mark the wires properly and get them back in the same positions or the TBW system won't work. That could be why they are suggesting purchasing the new Sending unit, maybe it comes with the connector un-assembled. I have no idea what the "Screw Shear Head" is. No longer wire looms, cables or break lines are required when changing to the Heritage Bars.

I had that same neck trouble with my 08 heritage. Swapped the bars to the 10 model heritage bars and the stiff neck went away.

Actually about 6 inches down in the handle bar was a lil green plug from the twist sensor grip. Unplug the wire in headlight assembly, gently slide the twist sensor off and gently pull wire out the handle bar with twist sensor. Unplug the lil green plug inside handlebar, pull that harness back out handlebar from the bottom, fish a small piece of wire through new handlebar, attach around lil green plug on wire harness and pull back through new bars. Attach lil green plug back to twist sensor and gently pull from bottom until twist grip slides into locking position. No special tools needed, no problems were encountered.

Back