free website stats program suspension air pump | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

suspension air pump

i have an 09 rg just picked it up love the ride. i think i need to add air to my shocks. the rear breaks seem to pulse when i stop. i dont have abs. do you think a little more air would help???

thats what ill do i take to the dealer and have them check it, its only got 150 miles so it being the breaks really dident seem to me to be the issue, but from what all of you are saying im goiong to get them checked, thanks for the help!!

Good call Baharp, new bike, keep the document records. Does not hurt to be have a watchful eye on things while in warranty to be sure!

How much air should the suspension lose? I am curious as to what is normal aip pressure loss VS a problem. I had 25Lbs in back in November, and was down to 15 last week when I bought the pump. Is this the norm? :(

How much air should the suspension lose? I am curious as to what is normal aip pressure loss VS a problem. I had 25Lbs in back in November, and was down to 15 last week when I bought the pump. Is this the norm? :(

youll get different opinions but they leak some more than others mine will lose about 10-15#'s in about 2 weeks i have tried resealing the fitting etc but hasnt helped

youll get different opinions but they leak some more than others mine will lose about 10-15#'s in about 2 weeks i have tried resealing the fitting etc but hasnt helped

Thanks Bud. That explains it. I guess the pump was a good investment. It sure works well. I popped it up to 35 lbs today trying to find that sweet spot. Fely good Solo mat 25 and 35. I think I will leave it at 35 and see what two up feels like.:p

Back