free website stats program suspension air pump | Harley Davidson Forums

suspension air pump

walleye

Contributor
WOW. What a difference this makes. I bought a suspension air pump today, HD $45. I know, too expensive. I will say however, I hooked it up to see I had 15 lbs in my system. I increased to 30 lbs (09 ultra) and the ride was improved dramatically. I never would have thought it could make this much difference. I still have to try two up but the ride solo was noticably improved. Not much to it but works great!:s

Walleye, actually if you price it against the "mini pumps" from metric dealers and bike shops it is comparable. When you get away from the dealer under "Hundred Dollars" consider it a gift...:bigsmiley20:

I carry mine all the time , I like a little stiffer ride because it seems to help the the bagger wobble thing & I can adjust the air pressure as needed . Well worth the investment IMO.

i have an 09 rg just picked it up love the ride. i think i need to add air to my shocks. the rear breaks seem to pulse when i stop. i dont have abs. do you think a little more air would help???

i have an 09 rg just picked it up love the ride. i think i need to add air to my shocks. the rear breaks seem to pulse when i stop. i dont have abs. do you think a little more air would help???

I think you need to get your brakes checked.

Geezer is right, get you brakes checked. Air in the suspension should not cause what you decribe. If it is a 09 you have protection and need to address this ASAP.

brake pulsing is usually a signe of a warped or badly seated brake disc (rotor)
i have had this problem in the past and replacing the disc fixed it
as your bike is fairly new take it back to the dealer and get it checked

Brian

Are you saying pulse as in warped rotor? Have you checked the rear tire for condition and air pressure?

For pulsing brakes you should check the rear tire pressure first, that is the simple fix but probably not it.
For the suspension air pump I always carry mine. Suspension soes leak down a little bit from time to time and there is nothing better to use to adjust the pressure in the suspension.

Back