free website stats program Surging issues | Harley Davidson Forums

Surging issues

hunkles76

I am a lady, Harley owner for the second time. My new bike is a 2014 Harley 1200T. Although, I love my new bike there seem to be some surging issues with it. Twice within the last week my bike has suddenly surged with such acceleration that today it caused me to crash and sustain considerable damage. Despite, the dealership telling me that there is nothing wrong with my bike there have also been issues with the oil pressure light and message reading "NO FOB" coming up in error. In addition, I found out that a male rider bought the same bike right after me and never made it off the property. Apparently, the bike surged and he crashed in the field behind the dealership. I was also informed that he was not a new rider. If anyone has experienced the same issues please let me know.

Welcome from So. Texas. No I haven't heard of an incidents like yours. Hope you weren't hurt in the crash.
tourbox

I moved your thread into this section of the forum so it would get more responses.

Please feel free to go back and say hi/introduce yourself in the New Member section.

No fortunately, I was not physically hurt but thanks for asking, Tourbox. This new Harley is not the first bike I have owned. The only time I have ever experienced acceleration issues in the past was with a bike which was half seized up from sitting for an extended period. If anyone has had this rapid acceleration/surging issue with the new Sportster 1200T or if you know of anyone who has experienced this please post with any info.

Hunkles76

Welcome to The Forum, Find a NEW dealer and have them re do the dealer prep on your bike:s

Not the way I'd want my new ride to perform. Glad you're okay! Welcome to the forum from the southwest desert.

Back