free website stats program Surging Issue | Harley Davidson Forums

Surging Issue

surgingultra

I recently put Rinehart 4 inch true duals, Arlen Ness Stage 1 Super Sucker, and after trying 3 different 'chips' I had the closest Harley dealer use the screaming eagle race tuner on my bike, but I am still having problems. at around 2500 rpms at a even throttle, I have a skipping/surging issue. The dealer told me that would be normal until they could get the bike on a dyno ($400 more) but that was the only way to fix it. I tried the RC extreme plug and go, I tried the Power Commander III, and now the Screaming Eagle. Any Suggestions?

try the cobra power pro auto tuner i had it on my 2009fat bob and now have one on my 2011 street glide.
you add or take off what ever you want without having to get it tuned or dyno'd everytime you want to try something different.
it's pretty awesome.

Any check engine light and have you checked for a improper installation of air cleaner assembly. You are already in this deep and spending another $400. for a dyno does not seem like a absolute guaranteed fix. Have you tried running bike with out additional processor to see if there is a positive change. Other wise shop around for a expert tuner to look at bike instead of just throwing parts and money at it...

A dyno tune would smooth you out..i was amazed how smooth my bike ran after my first dyno tune huge difference. And I had used power commander and vance hines fuel pack on my other bikes no comparison to the sert and dyno tune JMHO

You have a good fuel management system. $400 for a dyno tune is a bit steep; runs about $300 in my neck of the woods. There is no substitute for a proper dyno tune. In the hands of a good tuner, the problem will be solved and you will love the improvement. It's a $20K motorcycle, spend the money and get her tuned.:s

Completely agree with dbmg. Did the surging occur in the same 2500 rpm range with all three tuners? Is there any engine codes? If there are what are the codes? Did the dealer even bother to check if there is electrical issue? Search for Harley service bulletin TT418.

Try the FL-ViED-10. The HD download is still lean due to FED requirements. The NiteRider modules address the lean loop issues at an affordable rate.

I recently put Rinehart 4 inch true duals, Arlen Ness Stage 1 Super Sucker, and after trying 3 different 'chips' I had the closest Harley dealer use the screaming eagle race tuner on my bike, but I am still having problems. at around 2500 rpms at a even throttle, I have a skipping/surging issue. The dealer told me that would be normal until they could get the bike on a dyno ($400 more) but that was the only way to fix it. I tried the RC extreme plug and go, I tried the Power Commander III, and now the Screaming Eagle. Any Suggestions?

Did you ever resolve your issue?

Yeah this guy sounds Fishy!!
But I agree wit getting a Good Dyno Tune,once I put my 2into1 Fat Cats fall system on. I took it down to All American Harley for a Fall Dyno tune. It really woke my 103 up!! Came out with Great numbers,92hp-109 T, Bike seems to fly up and down the highway now! And she sounds oh so Good!!
WAP.gif

Back