free website stats program superglide front-end on a springer frame!!!? | Harley Davidson Forums

superglide front-end on a springer frame!!!?

HD91

A friend of mine has a superglide frontend and i was wondering ,with a little machining of coarse,can it be made to fit onto a softail(fxsts)???

Gotta tell ya' that I pulled the 2004 Dyna front end off my bike and gave it to a brother--wheel and all. Gave it. Gratis.

I thought it was the most worthless piece of steel MoCo ever built.

Gotta tell ya' that I pulled the 2004 Dyna front end off my bike and gave it to a brother--wheel and all. Gave it. Gratis.

I thought it was the most worthless piece of steel MoCo ever built.

FX ft ends have not been the strong point for HD Maybe that is why the Streetbob has been beefed up?

FX ft ends have not been the strong point for HD Maybe that is why the Streetbob has been beefed up?

I agree. In fact, the reason I'm considering a Fat Bob is that the front end is much like that of my Sportster 48. Given that, I'm thinking about just ducking the whole matter and getting a Deluxe--although the Fat Boy Lo has merit.

If you look back over the years it appears that MoCo has been beefing up the Dyna front-end with increasingly beefier fork tubes.

My position is rebuke. When they knew it wasn't strong enough, why didn't they fix it?

I agree. In fact, the reason I'm considering a Fat Bob is that the front end is much like that of my Sportster 48. Given that, I'm thinking about just ducking the whole matter and getting a Deluxe--although the Fat Boy Lo has merit.

If you look back over the years it appears that MoCo has been beefing up the Dyna front-end with increasingly beefier fork tubes.

My position is rebuke. When they knew it wasn't strong enough, why didn't they fix it?

Simple, they married the xl ft end to a F chassis , They had plenty of parts and had a whole new line in between a sporty and a FL

Simple...They had plenty of parts

You're right, no question about it.

My position is that I have plenty of blood and I didn't want to lose any of it when that front end pogo'ed for no reason.

Parts bin bike or not, that front end is not right, and the bean-counters should not have had the last word.

Edit: If you had to pick, would you stake your life on Betty, or a stock Super Glide?

You're right, no question about it.

My position is that I have plenty of blood and I didn't want to lose any of it when that front end pogo'ed for no reason.

Parts bin bike or not, that front end is not right, and the bean-counters should not have had the last word.

Edit: If you had to pick, would you stake your life on Betty, or a stock Super Glide?

A stock Super Glide front end can be beefed up with a fork brace and heavier oil sure does not hurt jMO:s

A stock Super Glide front end can be beefed up with a fork brace and heavier oil sure does not hurt jMO:s

Admittedly correct. But I ask you to consider one thing.

The whole concept of CVO is that the bikes are built to a higher quality. When it comes to things like fit, finish, paint, chrome or additional features I'm all for it.

When it comes to superior brakes (like the Brembos on the V-Rods) or Betty's inverted forks, don't you think that those items should be incorporated into the general line up? These things do effect safety and handling.

It's like MoCo is saying, "Yeah, we have better stuff to save your hide, but you're not rich enough for it to matter."

At least make such things available as an option. The inverted forks made my mechanic jump through hoops on installation. My belief is that MoCo didn't want it on my bike--they wanted people like me to buy the entire CVO bike.

Back