free website stats program SuperBrace...?? | Harley Davidson Forums

SuperBrace...??

2003_vRod

Who has one and how do you like it...??? I've been on the fence about one, but don't want to shell out $150 + shipping if it doesn't do much.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

I've never used on my Harley but I have installed one on a FJR1300 and the difference it made when you were riding hard was pretty remarkable. I would think you would have the same results on your bike.

Who has one and how do you like it...??? I've been on the fence about one, but don't want to shell out $150 + shipping if it doesn't do much. Had them put on my sportbikes, if they were not equipped. My ol' Katana came stock with fork brace, air & oil cooler up front and even optional steering stabilizer (I took it off, once I got my bike properly sorted, because I did not like "damped" (read slow) steering.

Model 5192 or 5192F for your VRSC 2003. $150 is a good price...MSRP is closer to $200 plus. HD one is $189.00...

tn408s3.jpg

They look and work great. Front forks being long tubes are subject to flex, and the sheet metal brace under the fender does allow the forks to not be parallel with road irregularities. The brace stiffens the fork midpoint between the triple tree and the axle. If you ride hard in the twisties...get it. But straight up at modest touring speeds not nearly as critical. Turn your bar all the way to the left and push gently with your knee against the tire and stop...that flex you feel will easily be half with the brace in place, just do not push too hard.

Last edited:
Who has one and how do you like it...??? I've been on the fence about one, but don't want to shell out $150 + shipping if it doesn't do much.

I have a brace on my 03 FXST and I think it helps the handling. I can fill it in the tight corners. As far as looks it helps with a little more chrome up front.

Back