free website stats program SuperBrace | Harley Davidson Forums

SuperBrace

formike56

I finally got the superbrace last Sat. After 11 weeks of waiting. Installed it last night. I had a few issues on the install. I had to loosen up the fender bolts. So I could drop it 1/4". After that every thing else was a breeze. Took a little ride after the install. I was impressed in the difference. Much tighter on the front end. I will be doing a long ride this weekend. Between the TrueTrack & SuperBrace. The change with the handling is unbelieveable. Night & Day. This is something you would think that HD would have. Wait.... All HD does is give you a platform to build on.... Why give you something that you can't improve....

32.jpg

As Glider says...form, fit and $$$'s the HD SE version is about $180...have seen them as low as $130 and high...? They work great and certainly an improvement over existing stiffener. If you look under your front fender, the only stiffener for the upper stanchions is a formed bent piece of sheet metal arched underneath, and only the pinched bolt axle at the fork bottom to stabilize the lower. Turn your fork to the left, and with the heel of your hand nudge the front tire with a soft bump...and notice the "twang" vibration of the fork lower. Once you put a fork brace on...that "twang" becomes more dead sounding.

Last edited:
As Glider says...form, fit and $$$'s the HD SE version is about $180...have seen them as low as $130 and high...? They work great and certainly an improvement over existing stiffener. If you look under your front fender, the only stiffener for the upper stanchions is a formed bent piece of sheet metal arched underneath, and only the pinched bolt axle at the fork bottom to stabilize the lower. Turn your fork to the left, and with the heel of your hand nudge the front tire with a soft bump...and notice the "twang" vibration of the fork lower. Once you put a fork brace on...that "twang" becomes more dead sounding.

exactly. It did improve the handling on the front. mo rigid..... Paid $131.00 including shipping.:14:

HD had their own. Which was $180.00. I think they quit offering them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back