free website stats program Super Tuner | Harley Davidson Forums

Super Tuner

longhorncrna

Being new to biking in '09, my first bike was an '09 FXSTC. I wound up putting on new pipes and bought a super tuner. I had no idea that it was VIN specific. I traded that bike in for a 2012 FLHTK. I'm going to upgrade to V&H slip-ons for better sound and, of course, can't use the super tuner to re-map. When I traded up, I had the dealer take off all of the accessories I had put on (about $4,000 worth) and put it back to stock hoping to sell my accessories and get a little return. It amazes me that the tuner is VIN specific, essentially a worthless piece of junk now. Live and learn!

Being new to biking in '09, my first bike was an '09 FXSTC. I wound up putting on new pipes and bought a super tuner. I had no idea that it was VIN specific. I traded that bike in for a 2012 FLHTK. I'm going to upgrade to V&H slip-ons for better sound and, of course, can't use the super tuner to re-map. When I traded up, I had the dealer take off all of the accessories I had put on (about $4,000 worth) and put it back to stock hoping to sell my accessories and get a little return. It amazes me that the tuner is VIN specific, essentially a worthless piece of junk now. Live and learn!

Now that it is a learning experience you may realize there are many options.
Here is one that you should definitely not second guess : TFI Tuner From Dobeck Discounted (NEW OFFER) - Harley Davidson Community
Dobeck Test Evaluations. - Harley Davidson Community this may help you decide

I can attest to the above. I just had a Dobeck installed about a month ago. The bike runs & sounds noticeably better. I have been told that by those who ride with me. They can hear the difference, and I can feel the difference. I have had a decrease in MPG's which I need to look into next Spring. I can live with it the way it is now but I am pretty sure that the folks at Dobeck will help me adjust the settings for optimum fuel performance.
Before the tuner I used to get wicked decell popping. Now I don't get it anymore. That, in and of itself, was worth the investment to me. With the HDTimeline forum discount it won't break the bank either. Consider it.

Back