Super Tuner

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by longhorncrna, Nov 10, 2011.

1. longhorncrna

longhorncrna New Member

Being new to biking in '09, my first bike was an '09 FXSTC. I wound up putting on new pipes and bought a super tuner. I had no idea that it was VIN specific. I traded that bike in for a 2012 FLHTK. I'm going to upgrade to V&H slip-ons for better sound and, of course, can't use the super tuner to re-map. When I traded up, I had the dealer take off all of the accessories I had put on (about $4,000 worth) and put it back to stock hoping to sell my accessories and get a little return. It amazes me that the tuner is VIN specific, essentially a worthless piece of junk now. Live and learn!
  2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Dobeck Test Evaluations. - Harley Davidson Community this may help you decide
  4. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

I can attest to the above. I just had a Dobeck installed about a month ago. The bike runs & sounds noticeably better. I have been told that by those who ride with me. They can hear the difference, and I can feel the difference. I have had a decrease in MPG's which I need to look into next Spring. I can live with it the way it is now but I am pretty sure that the folks at Dobeck will help me adjust the settings for optimum fuel performance.
    Before the tuner I used to get wicked decell popping. Now I don't get it anymore. That, in and of itself, was worth the investment to me. With the HDTalking forum discount it won't break the bank either. Consider it.