free website stats program Super tuner calibrations | Harley Davidson Forums

Super tuner calibrations

Simpatico

hi,

I was looking at the calibrations that comes with the super tuner software and this raised a few questions. Is there only one node (ECM) that controls all electrical stuff on the bike? Is that why the 2011 Softails have a uniqe calibration due to the fact that the ABS is included here.
Is the original stock calibration included somewhere or isn't it possible to restore the bike if needed for some reason?

/Marcus

The original factory calibrations are not included. Once you write over the original calibration, it is gone.

The calibrations that come with the SEST are for engine management only. They have nothing to do with ABS. The calibrations include maps for spark advance, injector pulse width, idle speed, warm up IAC steps, warm up injector pulse width, acceleration pump volume, and a few others.

You are not changing HOW the ECM handles the information (firmware),,, you are only changing the reference (look up) tables.

Ok, is there a reason why 2011 softail have a unique calibration while 2011 dyna have the same as 2010 softail and dyna. Or have I missed something?

/Marcus

Ok, is there a reason why 2011 softail have a unique calibration while 2011 dyna have the same as 2010 softail and dyna.

That could be for a number of reasons. The 2010 Dyna was cable pull throttle and still may be in 2011. (I really don't know)

It sounds like you already have the 2011 software package. Open up each file and look at what is different. Or send me the two files if you want & we can take a look. I only have files from year 2010 and back.

(post what the file names are,, I just may already have them)

I have compared the old stage 1 setting (176AE106) and the stage 1 2011 Softail setting (241DA001).

It seems like ther are changes in the VE tables. The old calibration (176AE106) has a higher VE at high rpm. Has there been any changes to the intake or exhaust system on 2011 Softail? There is no option for "Active Exhaust control" and "Active intake" in the 2011 Softail setting.

The AFR is slightly lower above 3000rpm in the 2011 Softail setting. There could be other differences as well since I only compared the "main tables".

If one have a 2008 Softail with Stage 1 kit is 176AE106 the one to use or have I misinterpret the calibration description document?

/Marcus

File 176AE106 is a cable pull throttle file. That much we know. I would bet the 241DA001 is a TBW file. File 241DA001 is new for 2011 which I do not have a copy of.

Small changes in VE tables could easily be the result of small changes made to cam profiles for that model year. Before you see a difference in actual TAIL PIPE air/fuel ratio's, the VE table must change by at least 2-3%. Also, having no option for "Active Exhaust Control" or "Active Intake" tells me maybe the bike is for domestic sales only, or at least not for sale in countries that need those options.

The bottom line how I see it is,,

File 176AE106 is your file. As long as you are a 2008 "96" with Stage 1 pipes & A/C with factory cams, heads, pistons, and injectors,, non-touring, 176AE106 is your base file starting point. Remember, if you are using E10 fuel be sure to select that fuel type on the main A/F table page. I would not use file 241DA001 (or copy it's internal settings) into a 2008 96 stage 1 bike ecm. Also be sure heat management is turned on along with your Ion knock retard sub-system before you flash the ECM. (that is if you want both features turned "ON"):)

Remember, changing the main A/F ratio table changes Both front & rear cylinders at the same time. VE tables allow you to change A/F ratios between front & rear cylinders independently of each other.
The higher the VE numbers, the richer your A/F ratios will be. The main A/F ratio table is only the "desired" a/f ratio and not the "actual" a/f ratio during open loop mode.

Have fun!

Load the 176AE106 file.
The "Working A/F ratio" page will be displayed.
Click "Display as A/F ratio" box.
Use Stoichiometric Value "pull down" and select 10% ethanol.

When I open the 176AE106 file I dont get such an option. In the help file it says that a new feature is available on the 2010 Touring calibrations. If I open such calibration I get the radio buttons and I am able to choose 10% etanol.
Do you have this option with the 176AE106 file as well?
My 176AE106 file is created 2009-08-14 (14th of August) and I run the latest version of the program.

/Marcus

Oops, you are correct. You just have to manually perform the task on the 176AE106 file. When the "Working A/F table" is displayed, just tap the RPM box. The entire map will highlight. Now Decrease the entire global map by .3 (point 3) of 1 ratio point using the .1 step value.
Since Stoic for pure ethanol is about 9 to 1, we have to push the ratio to the lower side.

I just now noticed you are from Sweden. What is the fuel situation like over there? Over here they are about to up it to 15% Alky.

Back