free website stats program Super Glide Custom | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Super Glide Custom

Uhh Porkchop, we need to talk.......41 is NOT old....I redefined old when I past 40. :p LOL, but I have to say, as much as I want to believe that 40 is the new 30, I proved last spring that 40 doesn't bounce back like 30 seemed to, for that matter, 40 didn't bounce at all; but, when I was 30, my bikes only weighed 23 lbs. then and the one I crashed was 200. :D But seriously, don't say we're old! :D
Well, my body is feeling it. I just got through dealing with colon cancer and surgery and all the years of hard labor and hard livin is catching up with me. Dont get me wrong, my mind is still in its 20's but the rest of me is in its 60's LOL. My back and hips start to ache on my Glide after a few hours so maybe its just time for more comfort on the long days.

Well, my body is feeling it. I just got through dealing with colon cancer and surgery and all the years of hard labor and hard livin is catching up with me. Dont get me wrong, my mind is still in its 20's but the rest of me is in its 60's LOL. My back and hips start to ache on my Glide after a few hours so maybe its just time for more comfort on the long days.

I am sorry to hear this, will add you to the prayer chain, mental attitude is a good thing, my Dr says to keep riding as long as I can with my bad back it is Therapy for me, Stay in the wind and God keep you safe and well, Jack

Hey, Porkchop, I would love to be 41 again. I'll be 71 comin and ride a '06 Wide Glide. Can't ride an old peoples bike yet. I have considered putting a CC Street X glass on the front though. In the wind.

Pops

:newsmile040: So 41 is old? I've got kids older than that.

After three years and 39k on an '07 FXD I'm ready for a trade. What appeals? a new FXDC and for all the reasons stated above.

My first Harley was a 2003 Wide Glide. What a great bike. Two months ago I traded it in on a 2011 Super Glide Custom. I now know why they call it a SUPER Glide. I added a lot of goodies and had front controls installed since I was used to riding the W.G. If you haven't already made the purchase, I suggest you take advantage of the Demo Days some of the dealers have. If not, as someone else suggested, you might want to rent one before you make the move. I rode about every bike Harley makes before I bought the new SGC. Good luck.

I owned a '07 XL1200C and traded it in on a '09 super glide.The sporty had more vibration in the handlebars,even when replacing the stock grips out compared to the super glide with stock grips.I have the forward controls on the super glide but they seem a little farther forward than the forward controls on the sportster did.They are totally different brake systems.The rear brake system on the sportster was alot better than the super glide rear brake system.I went from a narrow front tire to a wider super glide front tire,I noticed that I had to learn to use the front brakes with the super glide, where the narrow sportster tire didn't allow you to brake as hard with the front brake system. The super glide is better than the sportster as far as having a smoother ride but I find I have to downshift more often than I did with the sportster.The super glide is superior when running 70+ mph and up, but they both have a sweet spot at 80 mph. As long as the super glide is at 80 mph, it doesn't seem to matter whether your in 5th or 6th gear,it runs smoother there.:)

My first Harley was a Sportster XL1200C back in September last year. I had 12 years of Sportsbikes. The Sportster was a good bike but a little small. After big twin envy I traded it for a VRSCA 2005. That was a smooth and fast bike but

1. ground clearance was terrible
2. tank range was pitiful
3. passenger comfort was not existent
4. luggage carrying capacity was also poor

After a small accident about 5 weeks ago, I traded my Vrod for a 2010 Street Bob whist the bike was waiting to be repaired. (I was fully comprehensive insured and the dealer knew the repair would be paid for so he took the bike as it was). I fitted a sissybar and rack and a touring seat. All I can say is wow. Plenty of torque and power. Love the mini apes and don't need a screen. Much better cornering due to mid pegs. Plenty of room for a passenger and luggage.

I found my way to a Dyna by accident :newsmile100: but I am so glad I did.

Back