free website stats program Super Glide Custom | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Super Glide Custom

I got my 2010 fxdc in June and I absolutely love it. It is my first bike so not much to compare it to but let me tell you about this experience. I rode with some buddies of mine through newport RI on the twistie beach roads around there....one had a fat boy, one a road king, and one had a heritage softail classic. We started out slow and you know how it goes....eventually with a group of guys the testosterone takes control and you start picking up the speed in the corners......these guys were draggin pipes and footboards like you wouldn't believe......my buddy on the fatboy almost lost control when he really dug into a corner. I never touched a part to the ground and never got nervouse about the cornering. I think the FXDC with the mid mount controls is the perfect combination if you want a laid back cruiser that can handle a little bit of pushing and leaning into corners when you want to!!!! If you are not concerned about cornering hard and just want to cruiz then the softail or road kings are a goid choice.....if you want to push it a little in the corners.....go with the super glide.

I got my 06 SG back in November of 05 and I have never considered trading it in. Absolutly love this machine. I am, however, getting older (41 today) and now looking at an Ultra. I will still keep my Glide so that my youth will not fade away! :s

I am, however, getting older (41 today) and now looking at an Ultra.

Man, I just spit coffee all over my monitor! Amazing how our definition of "older" changes as the calender marches on unendingly! 41 - sheesh, you're a young man still! However, please don't construe this as me trying to talk you out of an Ultra!

My 2 cents. In 1976 I wanted to buy my first big Harley. I went to the local dealer Dudley Perkins.
I wanted a sporster. They let me ride one. When I returned they said I should try the FX, superglide, so I did. Man what a different ride, much better. I bought it.
After 20 plus years I bought a FLHRS wich is now the roadking. I can only wish when I bought the FX I would Have test rode the FLH in 1976, I would have bought it instead of the FX.
Best of luck.

I got my 06 SG back in November of 05 and I have never considered trading it in. Absolutly love this machine. I am, however, getting older (41 today) and now looking at an Ultra. I will still keep my Glide so that my youth will not fade away! :s

LOL, I am going backwards in time @ 58 riding a Sreetbob when I used to ride Baggers:p

Uhh Porkchop, we need to talk.......41 is NOT old....I redefined old when I past 40. :p LOL, but I have to say, as much as I want to believe that 40 is the new 30, I proved last spring that 40 doesn't bounce back like 30 seemed to, for that matter, 40 didn't bounce at all; but, when I was 30, my bikes only weighed 23 lbs. then and the one I crashed was 200. :D But seriously, don't say we're old! :D

Uhh Porkchop, we need to talk.......41 is NOT old....I redefined old when I past 40. :p LOL, but I have to say, as much as I want to believe that 40 is the new 30, I proved last spring that 40 doesn't bounce back like 30 seemed to, for that matter, 40 didn't bounce at all; but, when I was 30, my bikes only weighed 23 lbs. then and the one I crashed was 200. :D But seriously, don't say we're old! :D

Thanks for that Joy, I thought life was over@ 58 and becoming a Great Grand Pa LOL:p

Nope, I'll be a grandma at 41, not a bit old. :) A grandma that rides motorcycles and plays with guns, not necessarily at the same time. :D

Back