free website stats program Super Glide Custom | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Super Glide Custom

I've taken mine through the Alps twice so far and couldn't be happier with the handling and clearance. Some of the switchbacks are extreme and give a new meaning to looking through the turn. My FXDC handled it all. My buddy on a deuce was scraping on the same turns that I was taken no problem.

Thanks everyone for your responses. It is nice to hear that everyone enjoys theirs. I do not like the looks of the softails. The sporties and dyna's are my favorite looking bikes.

I will have to change the seat and handlebars though. I want a seat that brings me just a tad lower as I can only step on the balls of my feet instead of my complete foot. The handlebars are too far away and I am almost laying on my tank to reach them so definitely will need new ones.

I was really torn between sporty and super glide until I took it for a ride. I love it and know that is my next bike. Hopefully next spring.

I am only 5'-6" and and can 'flat foot" with no problem on my Super Glide Custom. The lower stock seat sets me back a little further than my old 2000 Low Rider, so I installed 1" pull back risers and now my bars are at the perfect position. Easy change out for about $50.

Enjoy the ride and tell us after you have a few thousand miles on your Sporty

I have more then a few thousand on my sporty. It is an '09 with 25 000 kms on it. I've ridden and I've learned and after test riding the dyna know I want to trade up. I do love my sporty and will always have a sense of losing something because it was my very first bike. I learned to ride on it. Good and bad. But life is about change and I think I am due.

I am only 5' 1". So I will defnitely need a new seat and handlebars.

I have my first Dyna and was a little disappointed in the performance.
the ride was great. The vibration seems to smooth out at the middle RPM's.

I installed a SE air breather, Knocked out the baffels in the stock mufflers and installed the TFI fuel management from Dolbreck. WOW! It runs much stronger and cooler. Now I'm happy It is a good ride.

Gene-C

I have had two 1200 Sporty's and enjoyed both. Last year I bought a new FXDC and have never regretted a minute. I put a Mustang touring seat on with a custom Batwing detachable fairing, a Vanc and Hines Propipe 2, an SE heavy breather, Power Commander and dyno tune set-up. 33,000+ miles of sheer joy!!!:small3d036:

I have a 2010 FXDC and love mine...It is my first bike so can't compare against anything else. I just know that I really like mine. I was looking at Sportsters at first but decided that I would not get one and then be looking to trade in a year or two.....I had forward controls added prior to having it delivered. I am 5'10" and wondered if I had made the right choice as I was coming home from my deployment. When i got it, I also got the Rush 2.0" slip on mufflers. I can't get enough of cruising on my bike now....I don't think you will be disappointed.

I have had two 1200 Sporty's and enjoyed both. Last year I bought a new FXDC and have never regretted a minute. I put a Mustang touring seat on with a custom Batwing detachable fairing, a Vanc and Hines Propipe 2, an SE heavy breather, Power Commander and dyno tune set-up. 33,000+ miles of sheer joy!!!:small3d036:

Hey Glidedude...could you post up a shot of your Superglide with the Batwing fairing on it...sounds interesting.

Cheer`s
Aussie Dave

I went from 08 Sporster 1200XL to 09 Super Glide Custom, bolted on forward controls with less than 25 miles on the odo and immediately started dragging my boots and pegs all over Texas till I learned how deep I could NOT lay the FXDC into the curves and turns. But you get used to it.

Back