free website stats program Sunny Seattle Winter Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Sunny Seattle Winter Ride

coco

Just moved up to Seattle/Ballard and looking for ride suggestions for what is going to be the last sunny day for about a week tomorrow Thursday. Looking at about 150 miles round trip from Seattle with my sporty. Thanks. Please provide as much detail as possible as I am new to the area!

coco - hope you don't mind. I moved your thread here since it's actually a geographic question, not a Sporty question.

You're able to ride in Seattle this time of year? I've been planning on a trip to Seattle from Reno, but it hasn't stopped raining or snowing for weeks all the way up from central California?

North to just before Everet. Take the Mukulteo ferry to Whidbey Island. North through Oak Harbor, cross Deception Pass (a bridge not a mountain) onto Fidalgo Island. At the T take a right and go to Mt Vernon. Get on I-5 and head south to home.

Oh Yeah you can ride...just layer up...long johns...wind resistant gloves....heavy socks...you can ride all day...I used to live in San Diego and if I can ride up here in the winter anyone can...

Thanks Big Jim,

Irony is I took that ride before I saw your post...great ride...had lunch at Toby's, the muscles of course...wounding up staying the night in Langley on the island and taking the early morning ferry back on a sunny day with Mt. Baker shimmering in the distance...If you have anymore ideas let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not very long, but next time you are up that way take Chukanut Drive from Burlington to Bellingham. Its along the bay and twisty as it gets! Fun summer ride because lots of shade from the trees.

A must do weekend ride is the North Cascade Hwy. Highway 20 from Burlington over Washington Pass to Winthrop. Absolutely Gorgeous! My favorite road in the US. If you want to make a long weekend out of it, head south from Winthrop through Twisp down to Lake Chelan, then Wenatchee, then Levenworth and home via Hwy 2. That's like a mini-vacation! Great summer ride!

Thank you Big Jim...Will do...stuck in an awful cold, wind, rain snap right now...the Whidbey trip seems a century ago...hope it warms up soon...

Thanks.

Welcome to Seattle! There are some great rides around Washington and the Puget Sound area. Roll some of the back roads to North Bend. Stop at Snoqualmie Falls. Fall City has a couple of good watering holes. As the weather warms up the trip up to or around Mt. Rainier is worth it. Deception Pass, Chuckanut Drive, US Hwy 101 - Hood Canal to the North Shore, Highway 20 Washington Pass. That's a few of my favorites. Have fun Ride On....

Troy

Thanks zephead...hadn't checked back here in awhile...did do that ride...love Falls City and had a quick pop at the Last Frontier Saloon...took the 202 from Redmond down to Falls City...Snoqualime Falls and the old town then North Bend...had a blast...gonna take the Kingston ferry today...any suggestions on a Kitsap Pen ride?

Beautiful Friday...gonna take sporty to Kingston on the ferry from Edmonds...any suggestions on a Kitsap Peninsula ride from there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back