free website stats program sunglasses | Harley Davidson Forums

sunglasses

softail00

I am looking to buy a pair of sunglasses any thoughts on them new transitions, photochromatic sunglasses good or bad.

i use transitions... not as dark as i'd like but make up for it with not having to carry another pair in case i get stuck driving in low light conditions..

i wear wrap around type safety glasses with #2 reader bifocal eyes aren't what they use to be draw back have to carry clear & shaded:newsmile082:

i use transitions... not as dark as i'd like but make up for it with not having to carry another pair in case i get stuck driving in low light conditions..

I have some Wiley X transitions and agree that the transitional lense need to be go a bit darker. Seems to be a common complaint. Also, trasitional lenses don't get darker when used in a car. They depend upon UV rays to turn them dark.

I'm using both transitional and solid shades from "The Best Motorcycle Glasses" for the past couple of years. They're a wrap around style that stays put, built tough, and have a foam rubber breathable seal to aid in anti-fogging and to help keep moisture out. Best of all they're only 15 bucks!:D

URL>> The Best Motorcycle Glasses

I use WileyX XL-1 with the removable seal. My optometrist advised against transistional.

I have been told by my ooptician friends that if you put the transition lenses in the freezer overnight they will cycle better (go from clear to dark and dark to clear). Haven't tried it but for what it's worth.

My transitions won't go dark in the car, or in a helmet (I use FF and 3/4 helmets), so I bought a set of of prescription sunglasses for riding. On another note, I found that polarized lenses create some pretty psychedelic effects when used with a face shield! Lots of pink, blue and purple swirls and such.

Back