free website stats program Sundowner | Harley Davidson Forums

Sundowner

bigcletus

I have a 07 RG and am ready to pull the trigger on a Sundowner seat. How do I know if I need the trim piece for it ?? Do all RG's need it ??

Thanks

The description on the HD site will indicate if the trim strip is required, along with the caution: “This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.”

For example: HD PN 51542-01B fits touring models, including RG, but not Street Glide (FLHX)
"Fits '97-'07 Electra Glide® (except FLHX) and Road Glide® models.”

HD PN 51726-05 has the short nose for the RK or Street Glide, and needs the trim for the ’07 Electra Glide
”Fits '97-'07 Road King® and FLHX models. Also fits '97-'07 Electra Glide® and Road Glide® models equipped with Fuel Tank Console P/N 71288-03A or Trim Piece P/N 52447-96.”

Ref: [URL="http://exit.hdtimeline.com/postid327280"]Sundowner Deep Bucket Seat - Smooth | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA
[/URL]

However, to be sure, ask the parts person to confirm at time of order.
Kindly let us know how you like the Sundowner.

You will enjoy your Sundowner seat the first time you ride.
I have had one for 5 years or about 50k miles.
Long distance riding, no problem.

I recently, well May 28th, bought my first bike in 24 years. A Road King. I am finding, at 57, I have back muscles that I are not as strong as they used to be and I can only last about 1 1/2 hours before I have to call it a day.

I am looking for a seat that will not only keep my bottom from going numb but, also support my back.

I have to guess that a 52596-09A and a 52464-09A might help.

But, what I am wondering is if you are still happy with the Sundowner.

What do you - and anyone else who may read this - think?

I had the same experience. I ended up having to replace my stock seat days before a long ride and ended up with a Sundowner by the fact that it was the only seat available in such short notice. Left 2 days later for a week long trip. I was expecting at the very least to be sore since I had not had a chance to 'break-in' the seat. To my surprise, the seat was comfortable from start to finish.
When I got my '08, I took the stock heated seat off for another Sundowner. Getting ready for another week long ride in a few days and expect that it will be pure comfort.

I had the same experience. I ended up having to replace my stock seat days before a long ride and ended up with a Sundowner by the fact that it was the only seat available in such short notice. Left 2 days later for a week long trip. I was expecting at the very least to be sore since I had not had a chance to 'break-in' the seat. To my surprise, the seat was comfortable from start to finish.
When I got my '08, I took the stock heated seat off for another Sundowner. Getting ready for another week long ride in a few days and expect that it will be pure comfort.

Did you also add the back rest system I mentioned or did you find that the seat was enough?

Did you also add the back rest system I mentioned or did you find that the seat was enough?
No, I have the back rest. The seat is comfortable, but I find without support on my back, I will stiffen up.

I have back issues though, so it may just be me. :laugh

I recently, well May 28th, bought my first bike in 24 years. A Road King. I am finding, at 57, I have back muscles that I are not as strong as they used to be and I can only last about 1 1/2 hours before I have to call it a day.

I am looking for a seat that will not only keep my bottom from going numb but, also support my back.

I have to guess that a 52596-09A and a 52464-09A might help.

But, what I am wondering is if you are still happy with the Sundowner.

What do you - and anyone else who may read this - think?

I have had back surgery, am older than you and have enjoyed my sundowner seat from day one.
That was 60k ago.
People I ride with say I have an Iron Butt, but I have a good sundowner seat.
If I'm going long distances I like to ride 120 miles before taking a break. And do about 400 miles a day before they get tired or sattle soar.

I really like my Sundowner Deep Bucket. It is a bit wide at the nose, so can't sit flat footed (a bit short on legs) and Ma says it could be wider, only 12" wide (the seat, not Ma). We have been looking at the Mustang one piece low down seat. It sits 1.5" lower for the driver and has a 14" wide rear seat.
Has anyone had a chance to look at or get one of these? Concerned about long haul comfort.
Thanks. Ride Safe.

Back