free website stats program sundowner seat? | Harley Davidson Forums

sundowner seat?

coco

Just wondering if the sundowner seat helps cut down vibration and is more comfortable on road trips atop a sporty? Considering the purchase...Thanks...

I just purchased one myself. It should be here by this upcoming Thursday. As soon as I get it and test it out I will let you know. Right now I have a Corbin gunfighter solo on my 2002 Sporty. Even though Corbin makes a great seat, this one is worn out. Time for a change. Plus, my kids like to ride with me, so the sundowner was the best option. :)

Anything's better than the stock seat, especially for the passenger. I had a Mustang on my Sporty and currently have a Sundowner on my SG and I really liked/like them both.

I had one on my '09 Nightster and rode it for 3 mos before winter snows shut me down. Great seat, no complaints and my wife says the pillion is "not bad" with a mid height sissybar. I am looking to sell mine, with quick release sissybar, 4bar luggange rack, passenger pegs and a windshield. I upgraded to a Street Bob but the Harley deal doesn't include options. I put my bike back to stock and will sell the items myself.

I just put a Sundowner on My Fatboy 20 minutes ago. Hopefully in a few days it will be warm enough to try it out. As the Dr D. says anything has to be better than the stock seats.

My wife put a "sundowner" on her 883L. She loves it. Cuts out quite a bit of vibration. Looks good on the bike too.

Sorr for the double post...I also have a "sundowner" on my Heritage. It's great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very happy with my Sundowner on my small Sporty XL. Canna really compare to the stock seat because I threw it off almost upon delivery. What makes HD bring that rubbish looking seat with no personality out as stock on the bikes beats me, prolly so that you and I can buy a Sundowner and sissy bar as soon as possible hey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Nighthawk, I have an 09 Nightster here in the UK and I am thinking of a Sundowner seat. Would it be worth my while to buy it off you and ship it here to the UK? Any idea what the shipping would be? I am in Cornwall, UK. I had on 04 XL1200R before the Nightster and bought a Sundowner just before I swapped for the XL1200N, so, I have a Sundowner here, almost brand new (still have the box) which I will be selling sooner or later ( I put it on here a couple of months ago, but no interest. Just a thought, good luck, Cap'n

I put a Sundowner on my 05 XL1200R.

A MILLION times better than the stock concrete block. That being said, since I got my Heritage I am probably going to make my Sporty a solo bike. May be in the market for a good comfy solo seat.

Back