free website stats program Sun Protection | Harley Davidson Forums

Sun Protection

HDDon

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
As the summer gets near we all are aware of the damage the sun does to our skin. I found this product reccommened by the Skin Cancer Foundation and thought I would pass it along. The product is a clear dye and is added to your normal wash and last up to 20 washes. It gives your clothes an SPF 30, and is said to stop 96% of the UV rays. cost about $1.00 per load.
SunGuardprotection.com

Sounds good...I'm proof of what long-term sun exposure can do to your body. See Dermatologist every 6-months & they already removed three "pre-cancerous" skin cells (forehead, back & shoulder) so definitely take precaution measure when going riding.

I wear long sleeve white cotton shirts in the summer for protection. Maybe a little hotter but it works.

Bodeen

I wear long sleeve white cotton shirts in the summer for protection. Maybe a little hotter but it works.

Bodeen

Bodeen the recommendation is to wear dark clothes and cotton is good for about 7SPF. Some of the new fishing shirts have 30 to 40SPF. This clear dye will make your white cotton 30SPF. When I saw it I thought at $1.00 a load it was cheap protection.

Bodeen the recommendation is to wear dark clothes and cotton is good for about 7SPF. Some of the new fishing shirts have 30 to 40SPF. This clear dye will make your white cotton 30SPF. When I saw it I thought at $1.00 a load it was cheap protection.

I'll check it out Don, thanks.

Bodeen

Wow that's enlightening, not surprised it came from Mr. Info himself, would have been more fun with a story though.

I've always thought if you wore clothes you were covered, so this is news to me. Have to try some of that in my Hat next time. Course I need to actually remember to BRING the hat, since yesterday on a PGR ride I FORGOT it and burnt the top of my bald head standing in the Sun for 3 hours. Fortunately I had a fair tan already going so it's not a terrible burn, but I can tell it's gonna peel some.

I'm very fair skinned and have had numerous "pre-cancer" things cut off me because of sun exposure in my younger years. I have had many sunburns in my life, which I now regret! But I have never been burned wearing any type of clothing!!! I think all this "spf rating" (Edit) on clothes is (Edit) Just another way to separate you from your money!!! Trust me, if I don't burn through my clothes as fair skinned as I am, then you are not getting enough sun through your clothes to hurt you. Again I say,(Edit)

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back