free website stats program Sun Glasses to cover Perscription Glasses | Harley Davidson Forums

Sun Glasses to cover Perscription Glasses

All,

I looking for a good pair of sunglasses that cover prescription glasses that don't look like goggles, i.e. clip ons.

All,

I looking for a good pair of sunglasses that cover prescription glasses that don't look like goggles, i.e. clip ons.

A good pair of riding shades, (perscription) runs around $300. If u drop me a line tomorrow reminding me, I will get u the info on where to order them.

I bought a pair of over the glasses sun glasses at Wal-Mart. They were about $19 and you can find them with the sunglasses. The fit over your prescription glasses and they are available in polarized and non-polarized. I have been quite happy with the pair I bought. Slip them on while I ride, throw them in the saddle bag when I stop. Can't beat the price!

I bought a pair of over the glasses sun glasses at Wal-Mart. They were about $19 and you can find them with the sunglasses. The fit over your prescription glasses and they are available in polarized and non-polarized. I have been quite happy with the pair I bought. Slip them on while I ride, throw them in the saddle bag when I stop. Can't beat the price!

They are called Solar Shields available at CVS & Rite Aid as well, and come in various sizes to fit over your prescription lenses. They block just enough air so your eyes don't tearup or dry out and they have small ventilation holes to prevent fogging. Make sure you get a pair that fits close to your face with very little gap to block out as much wind as possible. Yes, you will have the wind in your face, and "--bugs in your teeth" but what the hey...been using them a couple of years (1st pair was free - complimentary) for the $1000 laser eye surgery...but that's another story. :D

Last edited:
2 words for ya...

con
tacts

I used to wear glasses and putting these ridiculous looking shades over them was kind of imparing. I've been wearing contacts for about 3 years now & it's a million times better than glasses. I hesitated to switch to contacts for the longest time because the thought of putting my finger in my eye really urked me. But honestly, once you get used to the process of putting them in & taking them out, it's no big deal.

Not to mention contacts offer full range of vision. Wherever you look, it's clear. You don't get that with glasses since they are A. on your face and away from the eye and 2. only a finite size.

I would suggest at least trying contacts to see if they are right for you. You can get an exam at pretty much any optometrist and they will give you a complimentary pair of lenses to try. The worst case is that they don't work well for you and you go back to glasses. In that case, you would be stuck with the senior goggles for riding.

Good luck!

Why not buy some perscription sun glasses?
I have perscription Ray Bans that work great.

It is not the visual acuity so much as the wind drying out the eyes or making them tearup. As a followon, after following a dump truck that was spewing out dirt and small pebbles, I broke down and got a clear flip up faceshield that has 3 snaps to fit my DOT 1/2 helmet (standard brain bucket) and now use my standard perscription glasses, with clipon flipup shades that fit my glasses just right when riding in bright sun. :skipping

It is not the visual acuity so much as the wind drying out the eyes or making them tearup.

I could see this being a problem if you dont have a windsheild.
I use to have the same problem(tearup) with '01 Roadstar w/no windsheild.With my '06 Road Glide,I can wear my regular glasses as well as the RayBans with a half helmet.

Back