free website stats program Sun glasses after dark | Harley Davidson Forums

Sun glasses after dark

maine-e-axe

:newsmile108: If you don't have clear glasses with you and it gets dark, do you wear your sunglasses or go with no glasses. What's safer after dark? no glasses and a chance of a bug in the eye or sunglasses and can't see much (DEER):newsmile034::newsmile045:

Some states its illegal to wear sunglasses after sundown, I wear mine all the time it cuts down on glare from headlights at night

:newsmile108: If you don't have clear glasses with you and it gets dark, do you wear your sunglasses or go with no glasses. What's safer after dark? no glasses and a chance of a bug in the eye or sunglasses and can't see much (DEER):newsmile034::newsmile045:

The BEST idea is not to get into that situation! Wander out to the bike and stash an extra pair of sunglasses, and a pair of night glasses somewhere on the bike so they are there for you when you need them. The yellow lense option may take you from dusk to dawn, and in my experience helps with headlight glare.

If you forget to do this and get caught, stop at 7-11, Walgreens, CVS, or Walmart and pick something up to finish the ride.

TQ

I have a pair that get lighter at night and darken during the day. I paid a little more for them but I think that it is worth it.

The grab strap on your seat is a good place to slip a pair of inexpensive clear glasses. Like the Boy Scout motto says, "Be Prepared"!!!!

I grabbed a pair of safety glasses from work and keep them on the bike, just in case. It is a law in Washington to have eye protection on at all times while riding.

I too have gone the safety glasses route. Having said that, I am looking for something different because the safety glasses throw a strange prism when oncoming headlights hit me just right. Maybe somebody will share there experience with what (brand) they are using. I refuse to spend big money on night riding glasses though.

Bodeen

I have worn the yellow ones at night , they work good with glare. But lately I've been using some inexpensive light blue safety glasses at night , they work great , and no glare at all.

I have a good pair of safety glasses that meet the ANSI Standard for safety. I try to keep a pair on the bike for rides after dark..

Back