free website stats program Summer Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Summer Ride

mervt198

We ride an 08 Ultra, two-up, pulling a Timeout Camper. Planning a trip in August from Manitoba,via Sturgis to Colorado. Durango and Four Corners, then up through Utah to Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, and up to Alberta.
Any must sees? Anything to avoid? Any cautions? What kind of temperatures can we expect in Co & Ut? We still have lots of snow and -15 temperatures so all I can do is sit here and plan.
Thanx in advance.

Since we are now in Global Warming mode :) I'd say the weather out west in August should be nice. Here in Michigan, we don't have Global Warming. We have pot holes, salt and more snow. It's suppose to be spring, but we are expecting snow today. Sounds like a great trip. I would hope in August, the only bad weather you would have to deal with would be rain. How many miles is your total trip? Ride safe and let us see some pic's when you get back.

In August going thru Colorado you should be fine. Obviously it will get a little cooler at elevation, but nothing that a moderate jacket won't take care of. But they do get surprised t-storms almost daily so just be ready with the rain gear.

What to see? Well, I'd say with the route you listed, you're not going to go wrong with anything. But the only thing in Colorado that I'd recommend would be make the bike trip to the top of Pikes Peak and make the journey to the Royal Gorge and ride across the 1053' high suspension bridge. (never done either on a bike but would love to!!)

Have a great ride this summer!

Back