free website stats program Summer casual ending at work | Harley Davidson Forums

Summer casual ending at work

miketini24

After Labor Day, I will need to go back to business dress at work. How do you guys ride your scoots in business clothes?

Chaps? Any other options?

Thanks,
Mike

I don't get to do this but I would probably look into a lightweight, waterproof riding suit or rainsuit - one or two piece. You'll be ready for whatever the weatherman throws at you and your business attire should be well protected.

Another option would be to leave 10 or 15 minutes earlier and simply change clothes when you get there.

yeah, thought of this, but would involve keeping my wardrobe at the office.

Couldn't you carefully fold up whatever you're going to be wearing that day and put it in some kind of bag bungeed or cargo strapped behind you?

My business dress is slacks and a nice shirt. I just throw my vest and chaps (if I need them) on and head out. There is a guy around here that rides a light green "scooter" dressed in a full suit (with white half helmet) to work. I call him "scooter dude"!!!

I ride in my business clothes when its warm out and there is no chance of rain.(which is often here in san antonio) I just put my tie on and comb my hair at the office. I really like the heel shift and floorboards, saves the dress shoes.

yeah, thought of this, but would involve keeping my wardrobe at the office.

Been riding in "business casual" attire underneath leather for years, no problem. Do pack "dress shoes" ...IF I have to change, as I wear plain black Wellingtons (no fancy stuff, plain black round toed, shined up) normally works fine.

Have a waterproof 2 piece Kevelar touring suit, if more East Coast business attire i.e. suit, white shirt and tie is required for customer meetings. Leather is too bulky for those times.

Last edited:
I wear Cruiser Works boots and they are a good replacement for dress shoes. If need something more formal, then put the dress shoes in the saddlebags. If it looks like rain, then I wear nylon riding pants over my dress pants. The suit/sport coat gets folded up into one of the saddlebags. Swap the armored jacket for the suit/sport coat on arrival.

After Labor Day, I will need to go back to business dress at work. How do you guys ride your scoots in business clothes?

Chaps? Any other options?

Thanks,
Mike

Last year I took a change of clothes each day and it got to be a bit of a pain. This year I've just been wearing them. For me its a pair of Dockers and shirt - no tie. Once it starts getting cold I'll either switch to taking a change of clothes or get a pair of leather overpants. I just can't see myself in a pair of chaps but Fox Creek has a pair of overpants that I have my eye on :s

Back