free website stats program Summer Boots | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Summer Boots

Horioznchaser Yes expensive , But I will tell you this, my upland hunting boots were bought in 1995 the same yr I got my first bird dog she is gone now I gotta new bird dog but same russel upland boots that has not failed me ,you know they have a discounted section on there site that have already made to size boots avalible at a much lower cost if you can find somthing in your size you can save some green backs, but if you dont mind spending the big bucks on the russels your boots will be custom made to your specs and have a fit like no other boot you have ever owned ,trust me my uplanders are second to none still after all theses years . If it was not for my 2 sons polkin fun at me around the holidays about my worn out old ridin boots bla bla bla and they said they felt sorry for me n would buy me new boots if I really needed the money ,I said ok smart guys so I went to russels website and low and behold there they were russels now makes riden boots. I said to my sons I found the boots I want and showed them the price ,needles to say all of a sudden my old worn out boots seem to have a few more years left in them by there updated smart comments , so next month I will order a pair and pay for them myself and next time my sons are a little short on cash and want to borrow a few bucks .wish I could help you out but, dont have it son I needed buy some new boots.
Crocker, I know what you are saying, and I agree. As I have grown older I have come to greatly appreciate products that are top notch quality. I would then cherish it and like yourself, have it for a long time because it would be money well spent. I laughed when you said your boots date back to 1995! I bought a pair of Herman Survivors (model 7305) back in 1981 and STILL have them. I don't wear them anymore. They are in the garage but for some crazy reason I still have them. Maybe it is so I can say that I have a pair of boots that are over 30 years old! Like yourself, I used to bird hunt. I had a Brittany Spaniel and did more than my share of upland hunting. I have some wonderful memories afield with "Ben". With little imagination I can be wonderfully transported back to those New Jersey hardwoods that I hunted many years ago.
So I think that I just might look into buying a pair of those boots that you highly recommend.
BTW, anybody who rides a Harley and has a bird dog is all right in my book! :s

OK, I am a huge fan of Danner Acadia's (Can get them insulated or non insulated) I prefer the non insulated. The have a removeable heel and arch support and I wear these all day everyday for work and can walk comfortably in them for long hours. On the bike they are awesome. the boot has the vibram sole so good traction on pegs and pads. Leather with thinsulate/nylon uppers for relaxed comfort and protection. About midrange on the price. I actually tried on a pair of HD Boots and they felt like bricks on my feet. told the sales man that HD's did not compare to my Danners and he said "nothing will...keep em". Spring is almost here!!

Back