free website stats program Summer Boots | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Summer Boots

Actually this may raise some eyebrows, but those "mediocre" H-D boots a lot of guys here complain about are those same light duty ones to use during fair weather riding summer or spring riding. Just don't get them too wet or go rough road riding with duck foot landings should be fine.

Yeah...they are not Made in the USA, but hey this is a good excuse to wear your
Genuine H-D boots...while taking care of your more expensive boots for the heavy duty wet fall or spring riding.

Hay Dr Dolittle, I also found that the 511 Tactical boots that a lot of cops, swat teams, emergency responders are using are these full grain leather light weight and really comfortable boots. Guys go to 511 tactical. Com and check them out.

I have a pair of hd boots that are lace up with side zip they are a very comfortable boot for riding and walking what i would call an all day boot
However there is no flap behind the zip and i have forward controls they point the toes out slightly and put the zip in the best area for catching any water thrown up by the front wheel abot 2 miles on a really wet road and feet are wet i dont like wet feet

Brian

I have a pair of hd boots that are lace up with side zip they are a very comfortable boot for riding and walking what i would call an all day boot
However there is no flap behind the zip and i have forward controls they point the toes out slightly and put the zip in the best area for catching any water thrown up by the front wheel abot 2 miles on a really wet road and feet are wet i dont like wet feet

Brian

I always find it interesting when there is a slight design difference (flap behind the zip) that makes all the difference. I have found boots that cost a couple hundred dollars that don't have this feature.
I have also wondered why they don't make a MC boot with the zipper in the back of the boot, much like some womens boots I have observed. That seems to be the best place to avoind scratching chrome and keeping the zipper out of the line of water spray.

For summer riding I found my army issue summer desert boots are perfect. Steel shank for support on the pegs.....fair amount of ankle protection "just in case" and they have plenty of air flow to keep my feet cool. Have thought about getting a pair of "riding boots" but these boots are comfortable all day riding or walking so I'll just wear them 'till they fall apart and start on another pair! Uncle Sam does provide!

I have also wondered why they don't make a MC boot with the zipper in the back of the boot, much like some womens boots I have observed. That seems to be the best place to avoind scratching chrome and keeping the zipper out of the line of water spray.

I think you may have answered your own question - can't have macho motorcycle boots looking too much like a women's boot, can we?

:lolrolling

I prefer the basic all leather pull on harness or engineer boot any time of the year. The leather seems to breath well on the hot days. I wear a lighter weight sock in the summer too.

Back